• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If dreams ever became reality

ichigo

imported post

I'm new to OCDO and am glad to find a group of people that like to talk about OC. I had a very realistic dream the other night thatfelt so real. I know you have all had them.The dream went like this; I was forced off the freeway because of construction around 600North in SL and detoured into the heart of Rosepark. Don't be offended I grew up around there. I was nervous and aware I was in a neighborhood I didn't want to be in. As I was driving in the subdivision a tall black man about 210lb walked into the street. A scenario I had had before when I lived in Oakland CA. I knew it was a set up. He was going to stop the car by standing in front of it and ask for directions then mug me. It played out just as I knew it would. He walked around to the driver side window and grabbed my Left hand. He said something along the lines of give me your money. Ipanicked and thought oh no he's holding my left hand I'm carrying concealed with a Smart Carry(which I still do occasionally). I thenrealized I wasOC'ing on myright hip. He suddenly noticed, let go, and disappeared. Ipulled my gun and turned in my seat to find he was on the opposite rear end of the truck. I pointed my gun at him and he started running. I remember thinking, crap I just pulled a gun on a guy and now I probably need to call the police and report it. I woke up shortly after that heart pounding. I thought about it and if that were a real scenario I would've handled things a lot different.

1) I wouldn't have stopped.

2) I would've rolled up my window and locked the door before he got to me. I know this from past experience

3) Never pulled my gun in that scenario.

I have dreams about scenarios and guns all the time. Some are frightening and some are casual. Sometimes I shoot and others times I get shot. I'm not a dream expert but I wonder ifI would react the same way in a real situation or if it is my subconscious mind exercising what not to doin each scenario.

Anybody else have dreams involving their guns and specifically OC?

ScottyT

imported post

Most of my civilian gun dreams (as opposed to those dreams during which I am in a military-type situation) involve 100-pound trigger pulls... It gets pretty damn annoying.

It is probably my subconscious expressing my non-violent and non-confrontational tendencies.

I am always OCing in any dreams that include guns.

ichigo

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Why would you have not pulled your gun?
I would have drove off and there wouldn't have been a need to use lethal force. Plus my truck is bigger and could've run him over if needed to get out of the situation.

Bennelli

imported post

ichigo wrote:
I'm new to OCDO and am glad to find a group of people that like to talk about OC. I had a very realistic dream the other night thatfelt so real. I know you have all had them.The dream went like this; I was forced off the freeway because of construction around 600North in SL and detoured into the heart of Rosepark. Don't be offended I grew up around there. I was nervous and aware I was in a neighborhood I didn't want to be in. As I was driving in the subdivision a tall black man about 210lb walked into the street. A scenario I had had before when I lived in Oakland CA. I knew it was a set up. He was going to stop the car by standing in front of it and ask for directions then mug me. It played out just as I knew it would. He walked around to the driver side window and grabbed my Left hand. He said something along the lines of give me your money. Ipanicked and thought oh no he's holding my left hand I'm carrying concealed with a Smart Carry(which I still do occasionally). I thenrealized I wasOC'ing on myright hip. He suddenly noticed, let go, and disappeared. Ipulled my gun and turned in my seat to find he was on the opposite rear end of the truck. I pointed my gun at him and he started running. I remember thinking, crap I just pulled a gun on a guy and now I probably need to call the police and report it. I woke up shortly after that heart pounding. I thought about it and if that were a real scenario I would've handled things a lot different.

1) I wouldn't have stopped.

2) I would've rolled up my window and locked the door before he got to me. I know this from past experience

3) Never pulled my gun in that scenario.

I have dreams about scenarios and guns all the time. Some are frightening and some are casual. Sometimes I shoot and others times I get shot. I'm not a dream expert but I wonder ifI would react the same way in a real situation or if it is my subconscious mind exercising what not to doin each scenario.

Anybody else have dreams involving their guns and specifically OC?
I was at the range today after I got done shooting a target @ 21', I began drawing from Concealment and shooting from (position #2), (Mid-Torso)moving to the right & to the left, dropping to the one knee, shooting with one handed right, then left. I was the only one there, and it was a "blast!"
I train this way so I hope to be ready for whatever comes my way. That's why I have my gun with me when riding my friend'sHorse! :lol:

FogRider

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
Most of my civilian gun dreams (as opposed to those dreams during which I am in a military-type situation) involve 100-pound trigger pulls... It gets pretty damn annoying.
Oh man, it's not just me that needs a comealong on his trigger in his dreams.

Hendu024

imported post

FogRider wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
Weird, I had the same deal in a home invasion dream a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't pull the trigger on my glock or my shotgun. I woke up annoyed that day...

chillidogs

imported post

some of my dreams include checking behind the trigger to see what is blocking the trigger pull. You know the ones, serious threat, taking rounds, cant get the trigger to move....Serious, I wake up and my wrist hurts from the squeeze. Those are not good days.

Hef

imported post

My dreams involving firearms include the following scenarios:

1) I am a civilian caught in a battle between 2 armies. I am trying not to get shot or blown up as I look for a safe place to run to. I have no gun. As neither side seems friendly, I get shot at by both sides. I pick up firearms, but they are always either empty or damaged and inop. I resort to cutting throats with a knife as I try to GTFO.

2) I am being stalked/hunted/chased by an animal - a T-rex, an African lion, etc - and I have an inadequate firearm to defend myself with. I try to find a safe place to avoid being eaten.

3) I am being chased by zombies intent on eating me. They're the fast kind, the Dawn of the Dead (2004) kind. I never use my gun as it's pretty much useless. I choose to barricade myself into a building and head for the roof. Sometimes they get to the roof, so I jump off and kill myself to avoid being eaten.

4) I am outnumbered and outgunned by Chechnyan terrorists. They are chasing me across a very rural area of New England in late November/December. I kill them, one by one, mostly on farms or in forests.

5) I have the Tears of the Sun nightmare, where I am in the African jungle leading a village full of people to the safety of the border. We are being hunted by a rival tribal militia. I have a small group of men and not enough ammo. I can't get the villagers to pick up the pace and I'm extremely frustrated. Then the bullets start whizzing by my head and we get into a messy gun fight.

ichigo

imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
FogRider wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
Weird, I had the same deal in a home invasion dream a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't pull the trigger on my glock or my shotgun. I woke up annoyed that day...
Even worse you shoot and have a bullet fall out the end of your barrel. I would do better with a rubber band shooter.

PavePusher

imported post

Hef wrote:

1) I am a civilian caught in a battle between 2 armies. I am trying not to get shot or blown up as I look for a safe place to run to. I have no gun. As neither side seems friendly, I get shot at by both sides. I pick up firearms, but they are always either empty or damaged and inop. I resort to cutting throats with a knife as I try to GTFO.

2) I am being stalked/hunted/chased by an animal - a T-rex, an African lion, etc - and I have an inadequate firearm to defend myself with. I try to find a safe place to avoid being eaten.

3) I am being chased by zombies intent on eating me. They're the fast kind, the Dawn of the Dead (2004) kind. I never use my gun as it's pretty much useless. I choose to barricade myself into a building and head for the roof. Sometimes they get to the roof, so I jump off and kill myself to avoid being eaten.

4) I am outnumbered and outgunned by Chechnyan terrorists. They are chasing me across a very rural area of New England in late November/December. I kill them, one by one, mostly on farms or in forests.

5) I have the Tears of the Sun nightmare, where I am in the African jungle leading a village full of people to the safety of the border. We are being hunted by a rival tribal militia. I have a small group of men and not enough ammo. I can't get the villagers to pick up the pace and I'm extremely frustrated. Then the bullets start whizzing by my head and we get into a messy gun fight.
Aaaaagh! Get out of my head!! :lol:

LovesHisXD45

imported post

lol I get the 500 lbs trigger pulls in slow motion and always seem to run out of ammo or can't hit the BG. That, or he gets back up after being filled with holes and keeps coming. Then I wake up in a sweat holding my breath and clenching my pillow. Once, in my old apartment years ago, I kicked a BG with a high kick and ended up putting a nice dent in the wall next to the bed and had to put ice and an ace bandage on my ankle. Other than that happening on very rare ocasions, I really don't dream much about that kind of stuff. It has only happened maybe like three or four times in the last 13 years or so. I get more of the hand-to-hand stuff with punches that feel like trying to throw a 50-ton anchor at the other guy's face. heheheh

Kevin

bmeldrum

imported post

So I had two distinct dreams last night (both hero dreams)-

the first one: I & my family were eating dinner at a restaurant I want to say it was IHOP. We're minding our business when in walk two masked,armed men & they immediately start shooting up at the ceiling: I don't know who said it but there was a "everybody down". I stand up and throw the dinner table on it's side and pull the wife and 5 kids behind (I really do have 5 kids, main reason I carry), while I'm drawing my XD. The shooters are yelling, making demands, when one of them shoots a person who was attempting to call 911. My wife is dialing while hidden behind the table. The gunman who shot someone walks towards his victim and is in the process of reloading when I kneel up & "yell drop the gun" (not sure why I did this when I probably would have just fired in real life). Well he turns and points towards me at which point I than take several shots & he goes down & I immediately turn to the other gunman and take him down.

In between the two dreams was some weird skinny dipping/walking through the school naked dream (first day of the new semester started today so I guess I was having those weird dreams)

The second: I and my family where in a bank setting, when 3 gunman come into the building and start shooting. I jump on my family and we all lay on the ground. As the leader makes his way to the tellers, the other two fan out and are walking around the people, taking wallets, watches etc. I quietly and without them seeing, slowly lift my shirt, un-holster the gun, and slide it under my belly than cover the holster again with my shirt. They walk past my family & I without so much a second look, the leader is still making demands and having them put money in the bag. Well someone stands up to run out of the building and one of the gunman shots them, at which point I draw & fire at the one closest to me taking him down easily with a shot to the back of head and back, than fire at the second taking him down and than turn to the leader. He puts his hands up and drops the gun. Than I wait there till the cops show up.

At that point my alarm started beeping and I had to get up and head off to school. I wonder if I was placed in those situations in real life if I would react the same way...

suntzu

imported post

Hef wrote:

in Number (1) above would be where a crossbow/compound bow and lots of arrows would come in handy...and then take their weapons--like in Rambow III...

In Number (2) there really is no safe place:p

In Number (3) above--see number 2, so jumping off of a high building might be the best option to avoid flesh eating zombies.

In Number (4)--this is where you call in a sustained artillery strike on the enemy while B52s conduct sustained carpet bombing of the entire area for safe measure.

In Number (5) you would call for the Air Cav with Robert Duval standing in the middle of the field next to you as he calls in an air force napalm strike on the entire jungle while Duval says--"I love the smell of napalm in the morning"...