Thread: Gun owners sue DC for right to carry weapons

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

As reported on WTOP.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The attorney who got the Supreme Court to overturn the District of Columbia's 32-year handgun ban has gone back to court to challenge regulations prohibiting gun owners from carrying their weapons in the nation's capital.

Most ofthe quotes were from the Brady Bunch, though.
    OOPs - Being reported over in the DC section.

Post imported post

I was shocked the other night about the coverage of this story. I was listening to NPR of all places, they covered it honestly and actually slanted it to our side for once. They gave Alan Gottleib about a 30 second sound-bite that didn't portray him as a loon or anything. They actually never gave any time to the other side stating only: "DC Police Chief Cathy Lenier and Mayor Adrian Fenty were not immediately available for comment."

I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again!

Banned

Post imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
    I was shocked the other night about the coverage of this story. I was listening to NPR of all places, they covered it honestly and actually slanted it to our side for once. They gave Alan Gottleib about a 30 second sound-bite that didn't portray him as a loon or anything. They actually never gave any time to the other side stating only: "DC Police Chief Cathy Lenier and Mayor Adrian Fenty were not immediately available for comment."

I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again!
    Woah. Usually NPR would give the government talking points center stage, anything else would just be a token for us. Would love to hear it if they put it online.