• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun owners sue DC for right to carry weapons

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As reported on WTOP.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The attorney who got the Supreme Court to overturn the District of Columbia's 32-year handgun ban has gone back to court to challenge regulations prohibiting gun owners from carrying their weapons in the nation's capital.

Most ofthe quotes were from the Brady Bunch, though.
OOPs - Being reported over in the DC section.

ufcfanvt

imported post

I was shocked the other night about the coverage of this story. I was listening to NPR of all places, they covered it honestly and actually slanted it to our side for once. They gave Alan Gottleib about a 30 second sound-bite that didn't portray him as a loon or anything. They actually never gave any time to the other side stating only: "DC Police Chief Cathy Lenier and Mayor Adrian Fenty were not immediately available for comment."

I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again!

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
I was shocked the other night about the coverage of this story. I was listening to NPR of all places, they covered it honestly and actually slanted it to our side for once. They gave Alan Gottleib about a 30 second sound-bite that didn't portray him as a loon or anything. They actually never gave any time to the other side stating only: "DC Police Chief Cathy Lenier and Mayor Adrian Fenty were not immediately available for comment."

I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again!

Woah. Usually NPR would give the government talking points center stage, anything else would just be a token for us. Would love to hear it if they put it online.