• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Sykes" Licenses to Carry - MSJ

cato

imported post

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=210067

Sykes: Motion for Summary Judgement - right to carry

Today, The Calguns Foundation and SAF filed a motion for summary judgment in Sykes et. al. v. McGinness et. al. We've asked for a hearing Thursday, September 24, 2009, at 2:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as the matter may be heard, in Courtroom 7 of the United State District Court for the Eastern California, 501 I Street, Sacramento, California 95814.

The document you'll want to read is the Memorandum of Points and Authorities.
Motion for Summary Judgment
Memorandum of Points and Authorities in support of the MSJ
Statement of Undisputed Facts
Exhibit A - Sacramento County Carry Policy
Exhibit B - Yolo County Carry Policy
Exhibit C - American Student's Blackstone
Exhibit D - RKBA initiative analysis 2001
Exhibit E - RKBA initiative analysis 1999
Decl. of Sykes
Decl. of Witham
Decl. of Richards
Decl. of Gottlieb
Decl. of Hoffman

Special thanks to a Calgunner for helping obtain the very rare American Student's Blackstone in Exhibit C and Calgunner Rck'n'ROll for scanning the nearly impossible.

I invite the Calguns community to attend the hearing. The big open item is when the Nordyke en banc hearing will be that same week. As soon as we know that we'll be setting something up for both hearings.

-Gene
to support the rights of California gun owners.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.

[align=center]"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
rolleyes.gif

Ultima Ratio Liberarum[/align]