Thread: Spirt Airlines

Post imported post

Im going to fly down to Flordia to see my mother. I was going to take my lil Ruger LCP with me.

Has anyone taken there hand gun on a airline? Is it to much of a hassel?

I Dont want to have to jump through hoops to bring it with me.

Post imported post

Here is a link to Spirit Airlines Firearms requirments

http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=U...1&.intl=us

Conditions for Acceptance of Special Items

The following are special items that will be accepted as checked or carry-on baggage, subject to specified conditions and payment of charges when applicable.

1. Firearms
      In accordance with Federal law, a passenger who presents baggage containing a firearm must sign a declaration that the firearm is unloaded and packed in a suitable container before such baggage will be checked. Ammunition must be securely packed in durable fiber, wood, or metal boxes or in the manufacturer's original container. The quantity of ammunition is subject to regulatory limitations. Baggage containing style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff66ff"handguns must be locked with a key or combination lock in possession of the passenger only, and the bag must be of the hard-side type.

Carriage of firearms and/or ammunition on international flights is strictly prohibited unless all domestic and foreign regulations are adhered to. Specific requirements are determined by the foreign authorities and differ based on the destination.

Post imported post

You probably want to check out the Florida section of this forum, and find out if that state has any restrictions you need to abide by being from out of the state.

Post imported post

gr8prohunter wrote:
    Im going to fly down to Flordia to see my mother. I was going to tale my lil Ruger LCP with me.

I fly Sprit all the time and never have a problem Conceal carrying my firearm on the plane. The Pilots are really nice, they havent had a problem with it yet.
    Freedom isn't free, but this is America! We will find a way to outsource it and save some money - Jeremy

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
    gr8prohunter wrote:
    Im going to fly down to Flordia to see my mother. I was going to tale my lil Ruger LCP with me.

I fly Spirit all the time and never have a problem Conceal carrying my firearm on the plane. The Pilots are really nice, they havent had a problem with it yet.
    I thought that Air Marshalls weren't supposed to tell anyone who they are and what they do.

Post imported post

Shouldn't be a issue; probably adds 5-10 minutes on your trip. I've flown many times, never a problem.
    Besides the airline, check out the TSA website too.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1666.shtm
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

Not a problem done it several times!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
    I fly Sprit all the time and never have a problem Conceal carrying my firearm on the plane. The Pilots are really nice, they havent had a problem with it yet.
    ???

Post imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
    gr8prohunter wrote:

He had better be an Air Marshal or some sort of LEO or he will be spending much time in club FED!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

If it wasn't an air marshall, how would you even get it past security.

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Care to expound, Jeremy?springerdave.

edit. Wait, maybe you'd better not.

Post imported post

No, not a air marshal, Border Patrol Agent.

I use to fly Sprit before and would have to put my gun in my luggage and all that, and it was never a problem that way either.
    Freedom isn't free, but this is America! We will find a way to outsource it and save some money - Jeremy

Post imported post

jeremy05 wrote:

I use to fly Sprit before and would have to put my gun in my luggage and all that, and it was never a problem that way either.
    Good to see a LEO on here!

Carry on...

-Richard-

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

jeremy05 wrote:

That is not really "conceal carrying it on a plane" in my opinion.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    jeremy05 wrote:

That is not really "conceal carrying it on a plane" in my opinion.
    read above posts.

Post imported post

You are not inferring that because the "pilots are really nice" that just anyone can hop on a Spirit Airlines plane with a concealed hand gun are you? Without further clarification, I agree with Ed and think that your situation does not really represent concealed carry, as you apparently are not just anyone.springerdave.

Post imported post

springerdave wrote:
    You are not inferring that because the "pilots are really nice" that just anyone can hop on a Spirit Airlines plane with a concealed hand gun are you? Without further clarification, I agree with Ed and think that your situation does not really represent concealed carry, as you apparently are not just anyone.springerdave.
    Oh, I ment to add the part about previously always flying spirit because I never had a problem with checking my firearms into my luggage. Also they were usually the cheapest.

Post imported post

OK, but there is a BIG difference between concealed carry and "checking" your arms. Your post may have led someone to believe that Spirit was OK with concealed carry.springerdave.

Post imported post

that was kinda the joke for those who don't me. Sorry for the confusion!

Post imported post

:?.springerdave.