• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spirt Airlines

gr8prohunter

imported post

Im going to fly down to Flordia to see my mother. I was going to take my lil Ruger LCP with me.

Has anyone taken there hand gun on a airline? Is it to much of a hassel?

I Dont want to have to jump through hoops to bring it with me.

T Vance

imported post

Here is a link to Spirit Airlines Firearms requirments

http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=spirit+airlines%2B+handgun&fr=yfp-t-150&u=www.spiritair.com/welcome.aspx%3Fpg%3Dcontractcarriage&w=spirit+airlines+airline+handgun+handguns+%22hand+gun%22&d=IOpDuxlMTO8S&icp=1&.intl=us

Conditions for Acceptance of Special Items

The following are special items that will be accepted as checked or carry-on baggage, subject to specified conditions and payment of charges when applicable.

1. Firearms
    In accordance with Federal law, a passenger who presents baggage containing a firearm must sign a declaration that the firearm is unloaded and packed in a suitable container before such baggage will be checked. Ammunition must be securely packed in durable fiber, wood, or metal boxes or in the manufacturer's original container. The quantity of ammunition is subject to regulatory limitations. Baggage containing style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff66ff"handguns must be locked with a key or combination lock in possession of the passenger only, and the bag must be of the hard-side type.

Carriage of firearms and/or ammunition on international flights is strictly prohibited unless all domestic and foreign regulations are adhered to. Specific requirements are determined by the foreign authorities and differ based on the destination.

T Vance

imported post

You probably want to check out the Florida section of this forum, and find out if that state has any restrictions you need to abide by being from out of the state.

jeremy05

imported post

gr8prohunter wrote:
Im going to fly down to Flordia to see my mother. I was going to tale my lil Ruger LCP with me.

I fly Sprit all the time and never have a problem Conceal carrying my firearm on the plane. The Pilots are really nice, they havent had a problem with it yet.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
gr8prohunter wrote:
Im going to fly down to Flordia to see my mother. I was going to tale my lil Ruger LCP with me.

I fly Spirit all the time and never have a problem Conceal carrying my firearm on the plane. The Pilots are really nice, they havent had a problem with it yet.
I thought that Air Marshalls weren't supposed to tell anyone who they are and what they do.

autosurgeon

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
gr8prohunter wrote:

I fly Sprit all the time and never have a problem Conceal carrying my firearm on the plane. The Pilots are really nice, they havent had a problem with it yet.
He had better be an Air Marshal or some sort of LEO or he will be spending much time in club FED!

jeremy05

imported post

No, not a air marshal, Border Patrol Agent.

I use to fly Sprit before and would have to put my gun in my luggage and all that, and it was never a problem that way either.

office888

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:

I use to fly Sprit before and would have to put my gun in my luggage and all that, and it was never a problem that way either.
Good to see a LEO on here!

Carry on...

-Richard-

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

jeremy05 wrote:

That is not really "conceal carrying it on a plane" in my opinion.

jeremy05

imported post

ed wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:

That is not really "conceal carrying it on a plane" in my opinion.
read above posts.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

You are not inferring that because the "pilots are really nice" that just anyone can hop on a Spirit Airlines plane with a concealed hand gun are you? Without further clarification, I agree with Ed and think that your situation does not really represent concealed carry, as you apparently are not just anyone.springerdave.

jeremy05

imported post

springerdave wrote:
You are not inferring that because the "pilots are really nice" that just anyone can hop on a Spirit Airlines plane with a concealed hand gun are you? Without further clarification, I agree with Ed and think that your situation does not really represent concealed carry, as you apparently are not just anyone.springerdave.
Oh, I ment to add the part about previously always flying spirit because I never had a problem with checking my firearms into my luggage. Also they were usually the cheapest.