Thread: Some Useful Codes & Statutes

Post imported post

Ok. I finally got my lazy butt away from the TV and got some of these codes together. I'm sure there are plenty more that you guys/gals could add to the collection, but I thought this would be a good start and resource for people who would like to have a central document with a few of the most relevant Utah codes and statutes with relation to arms possession etc.. Enjoy

http://www.4shared.com/file/12377555.../ArmsLaws.html

When you get to the page, click the green download button on the left.

Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Post imported post

76-10-506. Threatening with or using dangerous weapon in fight or quarrel.
    Every person, except those persons described in Section 76-10-503, who, not in necessary self defense in the
    presence of two or more persons, draws or exhibits any dangerous weapon in an angry and threatening manner or
    unlawfully uses the same in any fight or quarrel is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.

76-10-503. Restrictions on possession, purchase, transfer, and ownership of dangerous weapons by certain persons.
    (1) For purposes of this section:
    (a) A Category I restricted person is a person who:
    (i) has been convicted of any violent felony as defined in Section 76-3-203.5;
    (ii) is on probation or parole for any felony;
    (iii) is on parole from a secure facility as defined in Section 62A-7-101; or
    (iv) within the last ten years has been adjudicated delinquent for an offense which if committed by an adult would have been a violent felony as defined in Section

Interesting that 76-10-506 doesn't apply to violent felons.

Great job! This is useful.

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    76-10-506. Threatening with or using dangerous weapon in fight or quarrel.
    Every person, except those persons described in Section 76-10-503, who, not in necessary self defense in the
    presence of two or more persons, draws or exhibits any dangerous weapon in an angry and threatening manner or
    unlawfully uses the same in any fight or quarrel is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.

76-10-503. Restrictions on possession, purchase, transfer, and ownership of dangerous weapons by certain persons.
    (1) For purposes of this section:
    (a) A Category I restricted person is a person who:
    (i) has been convicted of any violent felony as defined in Section 76-3-203.5;
    (ii) is on probation or parole for any felony;
    (iii) is on parole from a secure facility as defined in Section 62A-7-101; or
    (iv) within the last ten years has been adjudicated delinquent for an offense which if committed by an adult would have been a violent felony as defined in Section

Interesting that 76-10-506 doesn't apply to violent felons.

Great job! This is useful.
    lol

Post imported post

I noticed that I had some of the old versions of the code in this, so I made an updated one for download.

http://www.4shared.com/file/12632827..._ArmsLaws.html

Kevin