• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some Useful Codes & Statutes

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Ok. I finally got my lazy butt away from the TV and got some of these codes together. I'm sure there are plenty more that you guys/gals could add to the collection, but I thought this would be a good start and resource for people who would like to have a central document with a few of the most relevant Utah codes and statutes with relation to arms possession etc.. Enjoy

http://www.4shared.com/file/123775558/5dcf0bb5/ArmsLaws.html

When you get to the page, click the green download button on the left.

Kevin

thx997303

imported post

76-10-506. Threatening with or using dangerous weapon in fight or quarrel.
Every person, except those persons described in Section 76-10-503, who, not in necessary self defense in the
presence of two or more persons, draws or exhibits any dangerous weapon in an angry and threatening manner or
unlawfully uses the same in any fight or quarrel is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.

76-10-503. Restrictions on possession, purchase, transfer, and ownership of dangerous weapons by certain persons.
(1) For purposes of this section:
(a) A Category I restricted person is a person who:
(i) has been convicted of any violent felony as defined in Section 76-3-203.5;
(ii) is on probation or parole for any felony;
(iii) is on parole from a secure facility as defined in Section 62A-7-101; or
(iv) within the last ten years has been adjudicated delinquent for an offense which if committed by an adult would have been a violent felony as defined in Section

Interesting that 76-10-506 doesn't apply to violent felons.

Great job! This is useful.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
76-10-506. Threatening with or using dangerous weapon in fight or quarrel.
Every person, except those persons described in Section 76-10-503, who, not in necessary self defense in the
presence of two or more persons, draws or exhibits any dangerous weapon in an angry and threatening manner or
unlawfully uses the same in any fight or quarrel is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.

76-10-503. Restrictions on possession, purchase, transfer, and ownership of dangerous weapons by certain persons.
(1) For purposes of this section:
(a) A Category I restricted person is a person who:
(i) has been convicted of any violent felony as defined in Section 76-3-203.5;
(ii) is on probation or parole for any felony;
(iii) is on parole from a secure facility as defined in Section 62A-7-101; or
(iv) within the last ten years has been adjudicated delinquent for an offense which if committed by an adult would have been a violent felony as defined in Section

Interesting that 76-10-506 doesn't apply to violent felons.

Great job! This is useful.
lol :)