• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ruger Alaskan 44 Magnum Package

Mainsail

imported post

This is the .44 Magnum version of the mighty Ruger Alaskan in stainless steel. Almost new, about 200 rounds through it. Flawless function and smooth trigger. I’ve decided to go the 10mm route instead.

The package includes the pistol with the original box and paperwork,
300 rounds of Magtech 240gr .44 Magnum,
50 rounds of HTM 240gr .44 Magnum,
50 rounds of Blazer 240gr .44 Magnum,
20 rounds of Corbon 280gr BCPS .44 Magnum,
20 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 240gr GDHP (hollowpoint) .44 Magnum,
20 rounds of Hornady 240gr JHP/XTP .44 Magnum,
20 rounds of Winchester 200gr HP .44 Special,
New Galco leather belt holster- can be worn strong side or crossdraw,
Two HKS speedloaders.

The entire package for $825 cash. Not willing to break it up. FTF in western Washington only, not interested in shipping. You must have a current Washington state CPL.

3ad6dda0-8a67-46eb-b09c-03e9af60f96d.jpg

c92e5552-2466-40c2-8f43-a21b168e89d4.jpg

9429d160-dc15-449c-b24c-4c4eb21959da.jpg

7be65fb7-dade-4089-8fbd-b42cffc57876.jpg

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Crap. I want that gun for when I actually go to Alaska, but don't have the money. Oh well. Funny thing is I was talking with the folks at Cascade Arms today about this very model of gun. Good luck selling it!

Mainsail

imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:
MainSail, have you looked at the Bren Ten Remake?
I went with the Glock 20 (Thanks Mary for the great deal!) because I needed something much lighter. Last month I made two solo attempts to navigate cross-country through the forest and climb Mt O'Neil. The first time I took the .45 and the second time I went unarmed. This isn't your run of the mill weekend hike, this is serious wilderness navigation, steep terrain, and no trails, while carrying everything you'll be needing for two days on your back. The weight of the pack can become unbearable with only a few luxuries, so anything you don't need stays behind.

The first time I climbed the same ridge three times trying to find a safe way over, and ended up aborting. The second time I discovered a way over and made it to the top of O'Neil. Another heavy steel gun would only mean another steel gun I'd leave at home.

The trail goes to Mt Col Bob, from there it's all off trail:
1f19585e-67fe-4c9e-ba4f-9be1f0453ad8.jpg

O'Neil is behind the peak in the center:
416e6d60-bc31-4017-878e-12d155ee49e3.jpg

That same ridge as viewed from the other side, the peak is now on the far right. I came up to the top of that ridge in three different places only to find sheer cliffs:
67b9c925-0557-4671-8883-7c2aff9b267c.jpg

Signing the summit register on the top of Mt O'Neil:
d6edf2cb-456c-42b5-bb55-79f929b6179d.jpg

The moral of the story is: Traveling light is traveling right!

Oh, the Alaskan is sold.

American Rattlesnake

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
American Rattlesnake wrote:
Beautiful country, Mainsail. Sometimes I really do miss the Cascades!

Thanks for sharing.
Uh, well, it's the Olympics, actually.

:p
Aha, fair enough. I miss the Olympics, too. ;)

My last hurrah before moving out here to ID was in the Buckhorn Wilderness on the NE section of the Peninsula.

Wheelgunner

imported post

Understand the weight issue completely. Bought a compact Witness thinking it was lighter than the full size.

Total boat anchor.

I will be looking for a (Gag) Glock 29 for the very same reason.

Wife has a 44 Special 5 shot Scandium smith for defense, but I could never warm up to it.

I will e getting a Bren Ten when they come out, but I will have to change my online handle!

Beautiful pics.