• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denham Springs and Central

whoopingllama

imported post

Surely, I can't be the only one that OC's in these areas. Right? Does anyone else? Ever? Just curious.

whoopingllama

imported post

Okay. I was just wondering. Because i was in the garden department at walmart, and the employ who was helping me was asking questions. And I just thought surely i'm not the only person he's seen open carrying and not be an officer or have a permit/license.

firefighter9158

imported post

i was just in walMart the other day, it was uneventful as for, any questions why i was carrying a gun. (The way it should be !) . i eat at Maria's Mexican Restaurant quite often & shop at WalMart alot. Haven't had any problems so for. What type of questions was the employee asking you in the garden dept. ?

whoopingllama

imported post

Oh, well first he asked if I was an officer or if I had a license. I answered with "neither". Then we talked for a couple of minutes and I explained that you only need a permit if you're going to conceal carry. And that the idea that you need a license or whatever to purchase a firearms if a false one. I think he understood. Not to be too mean, but he didn't seem like he had been burdened with an overabundance of learning. This is also made it a little difficult to make out some of the stuff he was saying. But, it wasn't an unpleasant experience in the least bit. He was very helpful in figuring out what I should get for weeds and ants. I guess it was more of his confusion that I was able to carry the way I was without a permit/license and not be an officer that kinda threw me off.

rmansu2

imported post

Born and raised in Central. My parents and mother inlaw live in Central. I have OC'ed but not often. My biggest problem is dealing with the people I know(everyone). They all seem to think it is immature to OC especially b/c I have a CC permit. I have never had an issue with a business owner or employee of any establishment in Central but have had to "explain myself" to the ADULTS I grew up around.

MEM also lives out that way.

imported post

Glad to see at least ONE OC'er left here.....................good morning !!!
The wife and I will be at the Winn Dixie sometime tomorrow afternoon as we make our rounds, probably go to the WalMart first..........wanna join us?
The wife is up and hobbling around on her one good knee now, so she won't be moving too fast........