Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drama at the Federal Way Wal-Mart

Post imported post

I needed to stop at the Wal-Mart in Federal way this afternoon. The greeter refused to allow me to enter until a manager approved it. One customer tried to tell them it was all legal but they wouldn’t listen. After explaining the law to a half dozen employees, one of them got the bright idea to call the police and ask them. The police apparently informed them correctly as the manager reluctantly allowed me to enter.

The real highlight of the whole thing was the greeter. Among the gems of useful knowledge he tossed:
    He has taken three firearms classes and they were taught that open carry was illegal.
    Washington requires a carry permit. (He did not understand the difference between a permit and a CPL.)
    Only law enforcement personnel can carry openly.

Here’s the killer:
    “You don’t just walk in off the street to be a greeter; you have to take a test. I’m the only one who ever got 100% on the test. Firearms are not allowed to be carried in the store.”

Post imported post

I feeling really sorry for China, If Walmart will keep on hiring this kind of employees they are going to tons of business and result of this China will go Bankrupt

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    Here’s the killer:
    “You don’t just walk in off the street to be a greeter; you have to take a test.* I’m the only one who ever got 100% on the test.* Firearms are not allowed to be carried in the store.”
    HAHA! Says the guy making minimum wage as a GREETER AT WALMART. What was the test, a fill in the blank?

1) When you wish to greet someone cordially, you say: _____________

HOORAY! YOU WIN THE PRIZE!

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote
    You don’t just walk in off the street to be a greeter; you have to take a test. I’m the only one who ever got 100% on the test.
    You know, that really does explain an awful lot about Wal-Mart.

Post imported post

He must pull alot of chicks with that line ...
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

That is freaking hilarious

The guy passed his test by finding the front door:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

I was in Bass Pro Shop in Las Vegas, NV today. I was CC. Wellafter reading every ones post about Bass Pro Shop allowing OC. I decided to ask a few employees about their policy on OC! Every employee I asked said they had heard nothing from corporate, but CC was fine in their stores.:?

Post imported post

I just don't get it....I have been to Federal Way Wal Mart every month for the past couple years now.....never had an issue with anyone in the store, ever. Had a question or two from the odd customer, but never anything with the greeters or the other personnel. They HAVE to know I'm carrying.

Post imported post

There are two walmarts in fed-way which one you were in? Just like few other forum members I have been to both of them and never had any problem.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

Is he kidding? I thought the Greeter job went to the oldest and/or lamest(physically) employee. I have never even been greeted by the greeter, oc or not, except once at the Covington store, which is really nice, almost like a Target.

Post imported post

I wonder what they would do if, oh say, 10 or so people showed up within ten minutes of each other to go shopping?!!!!! hmmmm :what: Not that i know anything about that.

I'm a baaad man.

Post imported post

No greeter at all in the Port Orchard store last time I was there. Maybe they couldn't find anyone who could pass the "test". :shock:

Post imported post

Manu wrote:
    There are two walmarts in fed-way which one you were in? Just like few other forum members I have been to both of them and never had any problem.
    The one near the old Sportsman's Warehouse.

Dave Workman mentioned that I seem to garner an unnatural amount of attention when I OC. I attribute it to the fact that I almost always carry openly and possibly that the 1911 on my belt is more noticeable given my height/weight.

Post imported post

Thats is Super Walmart many times I go to that store cuz it is next to cash n carry makes it very easy for me. but never had any problem

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    Manu wrote:
    The one near the old Sportsman's Warehouse.

Dave Workman mentioned that I seem to garner an unnatural amount of attention when I OC. I attribute it to the fact that I almost always carry openly and possibly that the 1911 on my belt is more noticeable given my height/weight.
    That's the one I always go to. It does seem like you get noticed quite a bit.....apparently you just stand out in a crowd.

Post imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
    No greeter at all in the Port Orchard store last time I was there. Maybe they couldn't find anyone who could pass the "test". :shock:
    There is the little old asian gal who hands us a shopping cart, she is there almost everytime we go. BUT, she is a super tiny little thing, so ya, easy to miss.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    Here’s the killer:
    “You don’t just walk in off the street to be a greeter; you have to take a test. I’m the only one who ever got 100% on the test. Firearms are not allowed to be carried in the store.”
    HAHA! Says the guy making minimum wage as a GREETER AT WALMART. What was the test, a fill in the blank?

1) When you wish to greet someone cordially, you say: _____________

HOORAY! YOU WIN THE PRIZE!
    Actually, the test was more like:

Step 1, Hold mirror under nostril.

Step 2, If mirror fogs, hire applicant.

If mirror does not fog, giv him application for Management Trainee.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    I needed to stop at the Wal-Mart in Federal way this afternoon. The greeter refused to allow me to enter until a manager approved it. One customer tried to tell them it was all legal but they wouldn’t listen. After explaining the law to a half dozen employees, one of them got the bright idea to call the police and ask them. The police apparently informed them correctly as the manager reluctantly allowed me to enter.

The real highlight of the whole thing was the greeter. Among the gems of useful knowledge he tossed:
    He has taken three firearms classes and they were taught that open carry was illegal.
    Washington requires a carry permit. (He did not understand the difference between a permit and a CPL.)
    Only law enforcement personnel can carry openly.

Here’s the killer:

The greeter was lying to you. I mean how much intelligence does it take to stand at a door and say "hi, how are you today, need a cart/can I see your receipt?

I mean it isn't rocket science to work for walmart--not disparaging anyone on this board who does work for walmart--because it is an honest job after all.

Second, no employee unless they are acting in or with the authority of the store manager can forbid you entry to a store. A greeter does not have that power and they cannot ask you to leave. Only a salaried member of management or someone acting on their behalf can do that--asst. manager, or some other individual acting at the behest of the manager.

Post imported post

Lakewood Walmart on Saturday. I'm looking for a hoodie for my son, employee folding clothes offers to help find some. As we are standing there looking them over she sees the 1911 and and says I wish you were in here a about a month ago....I smile at her as my son found the hoodie he wanted, we paid for it and left, no issues.

I took the Joe McQueen(Walmart Marketing Office) audio (allows weapons carry in Walmart) and it is now on my phone as a ring tone that I can pull up very easily. I also have 4 phone number as backup.

Post imported post

Don't most Wal Mart stores have at least two entrances? Sometimes four: GM, grocery, garden center, and automotive.

Just for fun, you could have entered another way, then made sure to exit right in front of Mr. Mensa.

Post imported post

Isn't wal-mart on the PRO-OC list in another forum?

Post imported post

Here is what you're "Model Wal-Mart Greeter" should look like: Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR2xMw5-FZ8

Post imported post

Good stuff.

Post imported post

Lol, nice. I didn't know being a greeter was such a high class job =)

I've actually a very similar incident here at Bellingham's Wal-mart. Although, she didn't say I couldn't enter. When I went to walmart I walked past the greater I heard someone behind me say "excused me sir". Figuring they were talking to me I turned around and the greater was looking right at me and I think to myself "here we go". Anyways, she asked about my gun and I did the usual speech and handed her a pamphlet. She asked if she could call and check with management about the gun so I said go ahead sense I wasn't in any kind of hurry. After waiting a couple minutes the manager shows up and says its fine and they get people open carrying every day.

Post imported post

So I was curious as to what my local wal-mart would do on the issue so I called and spoke with Jennifer who introduced herself as "one of the managers".

I asked if walmart had issues with their customers opencarying and she said that policy said they do because it's a family environment, then she put me on hold and said so was going to doublecheck, came back on the line and stated "as long as you are concealing it and have a permit then it's fine"

...Should I push them and see what they do if I go in there? I have a feeling some manager was making up rules and "policy" as they see fit. Clearly i can CC in any store as they wouldn't know because I'm concealing it. I'd rather not though as it's uncomfortable.

I was refering to this walmart btw:

Walmart
    Hwy 99
    Everett, WA 98204
    (425) 923-1740

Post imported post

From what i understand, Walmart likes to give conflicting answers. I read a post where one member mentioned he has made a ring tone from one of the cooperate heads saying it was "ok".

- I might take it up the chain, see if someone in a high position can give you a snail mail on cooperate letter head.

My Thoughts.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast