• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drama at the Federal Way Wal-Mart

Mainsail

imported post

I needed to stop at the Wal-Mart in Federal way this afternoon. The greeter refused to allow me to enter until a manager approved it. One customer tried to tell them it was all legal but they wouldn’t listen. After explaining the law to a half dozen employees, one of them got the bright idea to call the police and ask them. The police apparently informed them correctly as the manager reluctantly allowed me to enter.

The real highlight of the whole thing was the greeter. Among the gems of useful knowledge he tossed:
He has taken three firearms classes and they were taught that open carry was illegal.
Washington requires a carry permit. (He did not understand the difference between a permit and a CPL.)
Only law enforcement personnel can carry openly.

Here’s the killer:
“You don’t just walk in off the street to be a greeter; you have to take a test. I’m the only one who ever got 100% on the test. Firearms are not allowed to be carried in the store.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Manu

imported post

:DI feeling really sorry for China, If Walmart will keep on hiring this kind of employees they are going to tons of business and result of this China will go Bankrupt

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mainsail wrote:
Here’s the killer:
“You don’t just walk in off the street to be a greeter; you have to take a test.  I’m the only one who ever got 100% on the test.  Firearms are not allowed to be carried in the store.”

HAHA! Says the guy making minimum wage as a GREETER AT WALMART. What was the test, a fill in the blank?

1) When you wish to greet someone cordially, you say: _____________

HOORAY! YOU WIN THE PRIZE!

CaptainAttila

imported post

Mainsail wrote
You don’t just walk in off the street to be a greeter; you have to take a test. I’m the only one who ever got 100% on the test.
You know, that really does explain an awful lot about Wal-Mart.

maldog

imported post

That is freaking hilarious:D:D:D:D:D

The guy passed his test by finding the front door:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

I was in Bass Pro Shop in Las Vegas, NV today. I was CC. Wellafter reading every ones post about Bass Pro Shop allowing OC. I decided to ask a few employees about their policy on OC! Every employee I asked said they had heard nothing from corporate, but CC was fine in their stores.:?

compmanio365

imported post

I just don't get it....I have been to Federal Way Wal Mart every month for the past couple years now.....never had an issue with anyone in the store, ever. Had a question or two from the odd customer, but never anything with the greeters or the other personnel. They HAVE to know I'm carrying.

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

Is he kidding? I thought the Greeter job went to the oldest and/or lamest(physically) employee. I have never even been greeted by the greeter, oc or not, except once at the Covington store, which is really nice, almost like a Target.:D

mtlhdtodd

imported post

I wonder what they would do if, oh say, 10 or so people showed up within ten minutes of each other to go shopping?!!!!! hmmmm :what: Not that i know anything about that. ;)

I'm a baaad man. :lol::lol::lol:

Mainsail

imported post

Manu wrote:
There are two walmarts in fed-way which one you were in? Just like few other forum members I have been to both of them and never had any problem.
The one near the old Sportsman's Warehouse.

Dave Workman mentioned that I seem to garner an unnatural amount of attention when I OC. I attribute it to the fact that I almost always carry openly and possibly that the 1911 on my belt is more noticeable given my height/weight.

compmanio365

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
Manu wrote:
There are two walmarts in fed-way which one you were in? Just like few other forum members I have been to both of them and never had any problem.
The one near the old Sportsman's Warehouse.

Dave Workman mentioned that I seem to garner an unnatural amount of attention when I OC. I attribute it to the fact that I almost always carry openly and possibly that the 1911 on my belt is more noticeable given my height/weight.
That's the one I always go to. It does seem like you get noticed quite a bit.....apparently you just stand out in a crowd. :cool:

Batousaii

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
No greeter at all in the Port Orchard store last time I was there. Maybe they couldn't find anyone who could pass the "test". :shock:
There is the little old asian gal who hands us a shopping cart, she is there almost everytime we go. BUT, she is a super tiny little thing, so ya, easy to miss.

amlevin

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
Here’s the killer:
“You don’t just walk in off the street to be a greeter; you have to take a test. I’m the only one who ever got 100% on the test. Firearms are not allowed to be carried in the store.”

HAHA! Says the guy making minimum wage as a GREETER AT WALMART. What was the test, a fill in the blank?

1) When you wish to greet someone cordially, you say: _____________

HOORAY! YOU WIN THE PRIZE!
Actually, the test was more like:

Step 1, Hold mirror under nostril.

Step 2, If mirror fogs, hire applicant.

If mirror does not fog, giv him application for Management Trainee.

suntzu

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
I needed to stop at the Wal-Mart in Federal way this afternoon. The greeter refused to allow me to enter until a manager approved it. One customer tried to tell them it was all legal but they wouldn’t listen. After explaining the law to a half dozen employees, one of them got the bright idea to call the police and ask them. The police apparently informed them correctly as the manager reluctantly allowed me to enter.

The real highlight of the whole thing was the greeter. Among the gems of useful knowledge he tossed:
He has taken three firearms classes and they were taught that open carry was illegal.
Washington requires a carry permit. (He did not understand the difference between a permit and a CPL.)
Only law enforcement personnel can carry openly.

Here’s the killer:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The greeter was lying to you. I mean how much intelligence does it take to stand at a door and say "hi, how are you today, need a cart/can I see your receipt?

I mean it isn't rocket science to work for walmart--not disparaging anyone on this board who does work for walmart--because it is an honest job after all.

Second, no employee unless they are acting in or with the authority of the store manager can forbid you entry to a store. A greeter does not have that power and they cannot ask you to leave. Only a salaried member of management or someone acting on their behalf can do that--asst. manager, or some other individual acting at the behest of the manager.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Lakewood Walmart on Saturday. I'm looking for a hoodie for my son, employee folding clothes offers to help find some. As we are standing there looking them over she sees the 1911 and and says I wish you were in here a about a month ago....I smile at her as my son found the hoodie he wanted, we paid for it and left, no issues.

I took the Joe McQueen(Walmart Marketing Office) audio (allows weapons carry in Walmart) and it is now on my phone as a ring tone that I can pull up very easily. I also have 4 phone number as backup.

KBCraig

imported post

Don't most Wal Mart stores have at least two entrances? Sometimes four: GM, grocery, garden center, and automotive.

Just for fun, you could have entered another way, then made sure to exit right in front of Mr. Mensa.