• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at the Sportsman Show

ClumsyCandy

imported post

peter nap wrote:
I left it in the car. Too much other junk to carry, but I ran into Proshooter and he was carrying. The wife CC'ed, just because she could:lol:

http://news.oldva.org/blogroll/the-sportsmans-show-comes-to-town/

It's a good thing you did! :cuss: When my traveling companion and I went in about 5:00 p.m. We got our tickets and then when we tried to go in, the ticket taker asked him if he was a LEO. He said no. He then asked him if it was loaded. My traveling companion responded, Of course its loaded. He was then informed that he couldn't carry his weapon into the show because no one else had one!!! :banghead: I stated that I was pretty sure that someone at the NRA booth had one. We were then asked to wait for security and when the man arrived he was very polite but asked my companion if it would inconvenience him to take the gun back to the car (I should note at this point that I too was very clearly open carrying, but all the comments seem to be directed at my companion) he informed him that yes it would inconvenience him and the security guard informed him he'd protect him, my companion said really? You're gonna follow me around the show the whole time? Then no. My companion then offered to conceal his weapon. The "security" man agreed to this. However, I was not able to conceal mine so my companion took my gun back to the car. Needless to say, I was slightly agitated by this point...

We went into the show and found ProShooter at the NRA booth, who was OC'ing and said he had not had any problems. After being at the show for about an hour, we were sitting at the Snack Bar area and saw some gentleman who were working the show and we stopped one and asked who was in charge. He stated that he was, and we explained the situation and he stated that he had heard what had happened and was very sorry for it, that he knew the law, he was a carrier himself and had explained the law to his security guard and would be informing the ticket takers about their error. He apologized several times and thanked us for coming into the show and understanding and invited me to return to the car to get my gun. We saw him again a few minutes later and again he apologized.

We had a satisfactory resolution but a frustrating start to our day!