• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I feel so much safer...

SFCRetired

imported post

Never mind who it was. What was he doing illegal that the police would want to catch him.

Unless I am sadly mistaken, he had every right in the world to offer to buy from private individuals. The only illegality would be if he knowingly bought a stolen gun or machine gun from someone. Otherwise, I don't think the police would have the authority to stop him.

Any comments?

smash29

imported post

Yeah, the wording of that caught my attention, i was just kidding when I asked who it was. I saw coverage of the buyback on CNN and the comments from the people turning the guns in were saddening.

"It's a good way to get some money and take unsafe (?) guns off the streets..."

"Taking guns out of the hands of those that shouldn't have them..."

"Making the streets safer..."

Where's that "puke" icon again?

Looked like there were some decent or at least serviceable guns being turned in, would've loved to have had a chance to root through them!

jeeper1

imported post

Aren't you limited to buying one gun a month in the prk?

old dog

imported post

I've often wondered why enterprising gun dealers don't set up near these buyback sites and bid against the cops. Logic dictates there would be at least an occasional goodie.

Sure, the bleeding hearts would bitch and moan and try to bully but what could they really do?

old dog

imported post

SFC is right. There are numerous examples. 60 Minutes did one a few years ago and then there's that little town in east Texas.