Thread: Am I the only one?

Post imported post

Just like any other gun owner, I like to see weapons used in what they were intended for as a tool. Plus get a good message out to the public about in the right hands they can save the lives of the innocent. Yet when I watch DEA on spike from time to time, I remember why it rubs me the wrong way. They have a horrible habit of using the anti-gun phrase words as "cop killers", High Powered," Only Police know best", "massive lead sprayers", "Military Firepower", just to name the few.

Now I respect the police and support them 100% when they do the right thing, but during the show you have the DEA member always knows better then the lonely citizen does. Now I love seeing the bad guys get what is coming to them, but when I see them preach how only they know how to use a firearm, yet they riddle off the same old liberal lies on a weapon, it makes me lose a lot of respect for them as so called "experts". That is just on the weapons part of the show.

The idea that they can win a drug war and that it makes people more safe and free is a whole different rant. Again I respect police when they are doing the right thing and not feeding the liberal fear on weapons. That only police and military have the right to own weapons and preach the same old lies, rubs me the wrong way. COPS has said on many episodes that get the correct message out , That guns in a civilian hands can save lives and not to rely on the government to save you.

I just hate any show on the so called "experts" that spew the same hate filled liberal BS about guns, on how civilians uses of such weapons in self defense makes it only worse. That "civilians" must rely on them to keep them safe. Just makes me have that much less respect for them and others like them.

Rant over.

-I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

zack991 wrote:
    The idea that they can win a drug war and that it makes people more save and free is a whole different rant.
    I think it is really part of the same rant. The "drug war" has nothing to do with stopping drug use. It is all about creating a funding stream for the police outside of any role that would be acceptable to the masses absent the need to fight a "war".

If I had to rank the worst decisions that we as a society made during the course of the entire 20th century, two that would absolutely be right at the top of the list would be:

1. Allowing the government to treat domestic air travel differently from any other form of travel.

2. Allowing the government to decide what chemical substances are legal or illegal for people to produce, possess, or use.

Banned

Post imported post

zack991 wrote:
    Yet when I watch DEA on spike from time to time,
    Why do you watch police state television? Those shows are the worst of programming, the sole object of which is to inculcate an obedient American mind.

We now have a few generations of Americans who believe that you're supposed to "do what the officer tells you."

The greatest evil that has ever existed is the for one man to exert his will on another man. We have a domestic military, 1,000,000 strong, devoted to this evil, and they dare demand that the public respect them.

Post imported post

zack991 wrote: The greatest evil that has ever existed is the for one man to exert his will on another man. We have a domestic military, 1,000,000 strong, devoted to this evil,and they dare demand that the public respect them.
    Respect is something that is earned, not unconditionally given. Furthermore, respect is a 2 way street, if you want the respect of other peopleyou must show respectto other people.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

I respect police officers but not the main stream media or hollywierd.

Post imported post

Watch the movie leverage right now on TNT it's a conspiracy theory on Obamas transition of Guantinamo...

Post imported post

I don't think you can necessarily lump the DEA or the BATFELOLWTF for that matter in general into "police" or "cops". While they are certainly law enforcement, they tend to be arrogant a$$munches whose self-righteousness exceeds that of Pat Robertson or Barack Obama. I tried to watch that show one time and turned it off after here comes another DEA agent "blah blah we're wonderful American civilians are retarded and just wish they were as cool as we are and only we are qualified to shoot ourselves in the foot with a Glock at a school and end up on YouTube!"

Yeah, that show confirmed everything I ever feared about the DEA and to lead me to believe that it should be disbanded.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The show is just one more example of how TV can rot your brain.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    Why do you watch police state television? Those shows are the worst of programming, the sole object of which is to inculcate an obedient American mind.

We now have a few generations of Americans who believe that you're supposed to "do what the officer tells you."

The greatest evil that has ever existed is the for one man to exert his will on another man. We have a domestic military, 1,000,000 strong, devoted to this evil, and they dare demand that the public respect them.
    Bears repeating.

Post imported post

This is the only DEA agent I watch on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4yUpR1PB0

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

My honest belief is that all Federal Police agencies are unconstitutional and usurpation's of State rights and responsibilities. There is no reasonable justification in the US Constitution for a Federal Police force.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    My honest belief is that all Federal Police agencies are unconstitutional and usurpation's of State rights and responsibilities. There is no reasonable justification in the US Constitution for a Federal Police force.
    I'll second that.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Please lock this thread. These people seem to not fully respect LEO's and they pose a threat to humanity.

Post imported post

rj3663 wrote:
    Please lock this thread. These people seem to not fully respect LEO's and they pose a threat to humanity.
    :? Not respecting certain government enforcement agencies denoted as DEA or BATFE or other alphabet soup is NOT the same as not respecting LEOs in general (I'm not sure what "fully respect" means in the above context). That not respecting certain branches of federal law enforcement would "pose a threat to humanity" is well, um, an odd take on the matter.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Banned

Post imported post

rj3663 wrote:
    Please lock this thread. These people seem to not fully respect LEO's
    Good for them. Criticism of governmental employees is the essential right of all citizens. Certain governmental employees are not given a free pass, particularly when they are the most despised of all governmental employees.

Nobody really hates the pothole fillers and the road sign installers, you know.

Seriously, people, this presumption of entitlement of police to some level of respect has to stop. Other people visit this forum who are not familiar with guns, and police are not popular with the average American. We don't want to make ourselves look like extreme pro-authority wackos.

Here's our problem: we have the pro-cop, White, Country-Music, Christian in Lynchburg, Lubbock, Macon, Joplin, etc. They're just about all ours. That's it. We have to hold on to every one of them, and they have to reproduce like bunnies for us to hold the dominant opinion.

By contrast, we have almost nobody in Midtown, Philly, Boston, D.C., Chicago, San Fran. How do we sell gun ownership to the majority of Americans? We're not going to do it by cop-worshiping and Obama-bashing. In Real America, the cities, on the streets, you live with the cops bullying you and the rich white people in the suburbs using the cops to keep you out. I got pulled over in a rich suburb one time for driving a crappy car. The cop honestly told me that "we like to check people out who come through here." He checked me out and sent me on my way. Show your papers, and ask permission of your government. Welcome to America.

You're now seeing the backlash of 80 years of police abuse, and just like John said: "If you go carrying picture of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna; make it with anyone, anyhow." Singing cop praises is just going to turn people off. Obama represents hope to many people. Hope that years of abuses will be stopped. If gun owners are stuck in the past, admonishing everyone to "respect authority," the same authority that has bullied them, issued them phony tickets, shaken them down, beat them up, killed their friends and family, you're not going to sell your message.

If you want to market to the Americans you don't have, which is at least half, make the gun message relevant to today's America. Talk about the purpose of 2A and its use in throwing off an oppressive government. Talk about the hope that's contained in RKBA. Talk about a way out of our present suffering. Offer hope.

Remember, most people in America have never set foot in a Bass Pro Shop.

Post imported post

Good, you did recognize the sarcasim. Now as far as your comment on 80 years of this kind of experience...it's like the UAW when it began. There was a desperate need for some kind of governing rule but look at how its gotten out of control. I'm not trying to start another wild debate here but the comparison is that some sections of law enforcement have done the same thing. On another thread that was, alas, locked, I shared my feelings on this fact. It seems I should have kept that to myself. I should never be allowed to point out that I think some agencies are overly brutal and unreined.

"The truest test of a mans character is when he is given power."

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    Remember, most people in America have never set foot in a Bass Pro Shop.

What a shame, they're such nice places! Then again, I'm from the outdoors so my opinion is somewhat biased.

Post imported post

Daddyo wrote:
    This is the only DEA agent I watch on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4yUpR1PB0
    It's so much cooler when it's embedded in the post.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/pj4yUpR1PB0[/flash]

"OK I'm the only one in this room professional enough, that I know of, to carry this Glock .40. I'm the only BOOM ... I'm alright. Is everybody alright? ... I had an AD..."

Then he goes for an AR and says, "You see this gun right here guys? You see this gun? It's an empty weapon guys." The response at 1:58 is "PUT IT DOWN!" from a girl who repeats it again, "PUT IT DOWN!"

Those kids weren't stupid. They know when all trust is lost and the only one professional enough is no longer professional enough...

EDIT:

Check this out: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0411061foot1.html

That DEA agent filed a suit against the feds claiming that he was one of the best DEA agents, if not the best, and has now become the target of jokes, derision, ridicule and disparaging comments. He claims that as a result of the release of the video tape he is no longer able to work as an undercover DEA agent, nor is he permitted or able to give educational motivational speeches and presentations.

(Of course, wearing a giant DEA vest at a golf club won't blow your under-cover status, and shooting yourself in the leg shouldn't prevent you from conducting firearm demonstrations right?)

The basis for his suit is that the video taping was done privately and the only copy of the tape was turned over to the DEA after his negligent (not accidental) discharge. This was apparently the only recording of the ND and the DEA removed that entire portion of the tape before returning the tape to the original owner of the tape. The suit alleges that the tape was then released to the public by unknown DEA agents and this release to the public is what ruined the DEA and "motivational speaking" career of the former Florida State, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tampa Bay Bandits football star.

He does get 10 points for buck-passing. There's nothing like blaming "unknown" DEA agents for ruining your career after you shoot yourself in the leg in front of children, Mr. Paige.

Post imported post

The DEA thing looks like a school setting. We've used the "Eddie Eagle" program offered by the NRA to educate our youth in my area. No actual firearms are used and it's to teach a "hands off" scenario for safty. That way we don't run the risk of a professional shooting him/herself (or one of the kids)!

Post imported post

rj3663 wrote:
    The DEA thing looks like a school setting. We've used the "Eddie Eagle" program offered by the NRA to educate our youth in my area. No actual firearms are used and it's to teach a "hands off" scenario for safty. That way we don't run the risk of a professional shooting him/herself (or one of the kids)!
    It was actually at the Orlando Youth Minority Golf Association in Orlando, FL.

Apparently there are Golf Clubs for young minorities and the young minorities who are interested in golf also need to be educated about guns and drugs...

Post imported post

The DEA has a museum in Crystal City in Arlington VA where among other things they display a Colt 1911 with diamond-encrusted grips and a set of false choppers with diamond spangled uppers and gold-plated lowers which they confiscated from a rich dope dealer. The unmentioned irony is that it was the efforts of the DEA that made the dope so damned profitable to begin with.

It has long been my contention that if the drinking age were brought back down to 18 for wine and beer - where it belongs - and cannabis were legal, (leaf and bud for 18to 21, hashish for 21 and over); with appropriate taxes and limits on home production similar to beer and wine; then the narcs could concentrate on serious stuff such as heroin and coke. But even if these were legal, most people who don't use them now wouldn't use them then, and those who did take up smack or crack would in all likelihood alredy be riding a bottle to oblivion, so really no net loss. In fact there might be a net GAIN because the resources in this ridiculous "drug war" would be freed up for other uses.

And if all these dopey Hollywood celebrities who spout off like experts on issues of the gravest of importance and are listened to raptly by star-struck lawmakers could get their hands on any drug they wanted, when they wanted; then maybe they would DIE OFF BEFORE THEY MADE IT TO THE NEXT COMMITTEE HEARING, That's what I call "better living thru chemistry".

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

The DEA, and for that matter ATF, EPA, IRS, DHS need to be abolished. For that matter the FBI should be limited to .38's. If they need more guns, they can call in locals. The "war on drugs" should be fought entirely on the ports and border. Once that vile poison gets in, all bets are off. If a user does something criminal, crush his balls, but throwing people in jail for possesion, and raiding trailer parks and housing projects is detrimental to the relationship between the public and the empire. I almost understandwhere people like smoking357 come from in that regard, but since I get get my head up my a$$ I'llnever understand their hatred for police in general.

It's no suprise that officers in these positions take up pinko anti-gun doctrine. it's been shoved down their throats for decades. However, I've met a lot of people in the last few years, and that pinko attitude is not the majority oppinion, but it is popular to TV.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

rj3663 wrote:
    And where is it written that I must respect a criminal wearing a uniform with a badge pinned to it?

That is not to say that all are. But I DO NOT automatically respect police officers. Especially after so many have proven to be bad apples.

They're people too, and must earn respect just like anyone else. Those who dispose of it just make it harder for those who are worth a damn.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.