• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Am I the only one?

zack991

imported post

Just like any other gun owner, I like to see weapons used in what they were intended for as a tool. Plus get a good message out to the public about in the right hands they can save the lives of the innocent. Yet when I watch DEA on spike from time to time, I remember why it rubs me the wrong way. They have a horrible habit of using the anti-gun phrase words as "cop killers", High Powered," Only Police know best", "massive lead sprayers", "Military Firepower", just to name the few.

Now I respect the police and support them 100% when they do the right thing, but during the show you have the DEA member always knows better then the lonely citizen does. Now I love seeing the bad guys get what is coming to them, but when I see them preach how only they know how to use a firearm, yet they riddle off the same old liberal lies on a weapon, it makes me lose a lot of respect for them as so called "experts". That is just on the weapons part of the show.

The idea that they can win a drug war and that it makes people more safe and free is a whole different rant. Again I respect police when they are doing the right thing and not feeding the liberal fear on weapons. That only police and military have the right to own weapons and preach the same old lies, rubs me the wrong way. COPS has said on many episodes that get the correct message out , That guns in a civilian hands can save lives and not to rely on the government to save you.

I just hate any show on the so called "experts" that spew the same hate filled liberal BS about guns, on how civilians uses of such weapons in self defense makes it only worse. That "civilians" must rely on them to keep them safe. Just makes me have that much less respect for them and others like them.

Rant over.

les_aker

imported post

zack991 wrote:
The idea that they can win a drug war and that it makes people more save and free is a whole different rant.

I think it is really part of the same rant. The "drug war" has nothing to do with stopping drug use. It is all about creating a funding stream for the police outside of any role that would be acceptable to the masses absent the need to fight a "war".

If I had to rank the worst decisions that we as a society made during the course of the entire 20th century, two that would absolutely be right at the top of the list would be:

1. Allowing the government to treat domestic air travel differently from any other form of travel.

2. Allowing the government to decide what chemical substances are legal or illegal for people to produce, possess, or use.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

zack991 wrote:
Yet when I watch DEA on spike from time to time,
Why do you watch police state television? Those shows are the worst of programming, the sole object of which is to inculcate an obedient American mind.

We now have a few generations of Americans who believe that you're supposed to "do what the officer tells you."

The greatest evil that has ever existed is the for one man to exert his will on another man. We have a domestic military, 1,000,000 strong, devoted to this evil, and they dare demand that the public respect them.

Huck

imported post

zack991 wrote: The greatest evil that has ever existed is the for one man to exert his will on another man. We have a domestic military, 1,000,000 strong, devoted to this evil,and they dare demand that the public respect them.
Respect is something that is earned, not unconditionally given. Furthermore, respect is a 2 way street, if you want the respect of other peopleyou must show respectto other people.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't think you can necessarily lump the DEA or the BATFELOLWTF for that matter in general into "police" or "cops". While they are certainly law enforcement, they tend to be arrogant a$$munches whose self-righteousness exceeds that of Pat Robertson or Barack Obama. I tried to watch that show one time and turned it off after here comes another DEA agent "blah blah we're wonderful American civilians are retarded and just wish they were as cool as we are and only we are qualified to shoot ourselves in the foot with a Glock at a school and end up on YouTube!"

Yeah, that show confirmed everything I ever feared about the DEA and to lead me to believe that it should be disbanded.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Why do you watch police state television? Those shows are the worst of programming, the sole object of which is to inculcate an obedient American mind.

We now have a few generations of Americans who believe that you're supposed to "do what the officer tells you."

The greatest evil that has ever existed is the for one man to exert his will on another man. We have a domestic military, 1,000,000 strong, devoted to this evil, and they dare demand that the public respect them.
Bears repeating.

rodbender

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
My honest belief is that all Federal Police agencies are unconstitutional and usurpation's of State rights and responsibilities. There is no reasonable justification in the US Constitution for a Federal Police force.
I'll second that.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rj3663 wrote:
Please lock this thread. These people seem to not fully respect LEO's and they pose a threat to humanity.
:? Not respecting certain government enforcement agencies denoted as DEA or BATFE or other alphabet soup is NOT the same as not respecting LEOs in general (I'm not sure what "fully respect" means in the above context). That not respecting certain branches of federal law enforcement would "pose a threat to humanity" is well, um, an odd take on the matter.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

rj3663 wrote:
Please lock this thread. These people seem to not fully respect LEO's
Good for them. Criticism of governmental employees is the essential right of all citizens. Certain governmental employees are not given a free pass, particularly when they are the most despised of all governmental employees.

Nobody really hates the pothole fillers and the road sign installers, you know.

Seriously, people, this presumption of entitlement of police to some level of respect has to stop. Other people visit this forum who are not familiar with guns, and police are not popular with the average American. We don't want to make ourselves look like extreme pro-authority wackos.

Here's our problem: we have the pro-cop, White, Country-Music, Christian in Lynchburg, Lubbock, Macon, Joplin, etc. They're just about all ours. That's it. We have to hold on to every one of them, and they have to reproduce like bunnies for us to hold the dominant opinion.

By contrast, we have almost nobody in Midtown, Philly, Boston, D.C., Chicago, San Fran. How do we sell gun ownership to the majority of Americans? We're not going to do it by cop-worshiping and Obama-bashing. In Real America, the cities, on the streets, you live with the cops bullying you and the rich white people in the suburbs using the cops to keep you out. I got pulled over in a rich suburb one time for driving a crappy car. The cop honestly told me that "we like to check people out who come through here." He checked me out and sent me on my way. Show your papers, and ask permission of your government. Welcome to America.

You're now seeing the backlash of 80 years of police abuse, and just like John said: "If you go carrying picture of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna; make it with anyone, anyhow." Singing cop praises is just going to turn people off. Obama represents hope to many people. Hope that years of abuses will be stopped. If gun owners are stuck in the past, admonishing everyone to "respect authority," the same authority that has bullied them, issued them phony tickets, shaken them down, beat them up, killed their friends and family, you're not going to sell your message.

If you want to market to the Americans you don't have, which is at least half, make the gun message relevant to today's America. Talk about the purpose of 2A and its use in throwing off an oppressive government. Talk about the hope that's contained in RKBA. Talk about a way out of our present suffering. Offer hope.

Remember, most people in America have never set foot in a Bass Pro Shop.

rj3663

imported post

Good, you did recognize the sarcasim. Now as far as your comment on 80 years of this kind of experience...it's like the UAW when it began. There was a desperate need for some kind of governing rule but look at how its gotten out of control. I'm not trying to start another wild debate here but the comparison is that some sections of law enforcement have done the same thing. On another thread that was, alas, locked, I shared my feelings on this fact. It seems I should have kept that to myself. I should never be allowed to point out that I think some agencies are overly brutal and unreined.

"The truest test of a mans character is when he is given power."

shad0wfax

imported post

Daddyo wrote:
This is the only DEA agent I watch on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4yUpR1PB0
It's so much cooler when it's embedded in the post. :)

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/pj4yUpR1PB0[/flash]

"OK I'm the only one in this room professional enough, that I know of, to carry this Glock .40. I'm the only BOOM ... I'm alright. Is everybody alright? ... I had an AD..."

Then he goes for an AR and says, "You see this gun right here guys? You see this gun? It's an empty weapon guys." The response at 1:58 is "PUT IT DOWN!" from a girl who repeats it again, "PUT IT DOWN!"

Those kids weren't stupid. They know when all trust is lost and the only one professional enough is no longer professional enough...

EDIT:

Check this out: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0411061foot1.html

That DEA agent filed a suit against the feds claiming that he was one of the best DEA agents, if not the best, and has now become the target of jokes, derision, ridicule and disparaging comments. He claims that as a result of the release of the video tape he is no longer able to work as an undercover DEA agent, nor is he permitted or able to give educational motivational speeches and presentations.

(Of course, wearing a giant DEA vest at a golf club won't blow your under-cover status, and shooting yourself in the leg shouldn't prevent you from conducting firearm demonstrations right?)

The basis for his suit is that the video taping was done privately and the only copy of the tape was turned over to the DEA after his negligent (not accidental) discharge. This was apparently the only recording of the ND and the DEA removed that entire portion of the tape before returning the tape to the original owner of the tape. The suit alleges that the tape was then released to the public by unknown DEA agents and this release to the public is what ruined the DEA and "motivational speaking" career of the former Florida State, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tampa Bay Bandits football star.

He does get 10 points for buck-passing. There's nothing like blaming "unknown" DEA agents for ruining your career after you shoot yourself in the leg in front of children, Mr. Paige.

rj3663

imported post

The DEA thing looks like a school setting. We've used the "Eddie Eagle" program offered by the NRA to educate our youth in my area. No actual firearms are used and it's to teach a "hands off" scenario for safty. That way we don't run the risk of a professional shooting him/herself (or one of the kids)!

shad0wfax

imported post

rj3663 wrote:
The DEA thing looks like a school setting. We've used the "Eddie Eagle" program offered by the NRA to educate our youth in my area. No actual firearms are used and it's to teach a "hands off" scenario for safty. That way we don't run the risk of a professional shooting him/herself (or one of the kids)!
It was actually at the Orlando Youth Minority Golf Association in Orlando, FL.

Apparently there are Golf Clubs for young minorities and the young minorities who are interested in golf also need to be educated about guns and drugs...