• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Am I the only one?

Alexcabbie

imported post

The DEA has a museum in Crystal City in Arlington VA where among other things they display a Colt 1911 with diamond-encrusted grips and a set of false choppers with diamond spangled uppers and gold-plated lowers which they confiscated from a rich dope dealer. The unmentioned irony is that it was the efforts of the DEA that made the dope so damned profitable to begin with.

It has long been my contention that if the drinking age were brought back down to 18 for wine and beer - where it belongs - and cannabis were legal, (leaf and bud for 18to 21, hashish for 21 and over); with appropriate taxes and limits on home production similar to beer and wine; then the narcs could concentrate on serious stuff such as heroin and coke. But even if these were legal, most people who don't use them now wouldn't use them then, and those who did take up smack or crack would in all likelihood alredy be riding a bottle to oblivion, so really no net loss. In fact there might be a net GAIN because the resources in this ridiculous "drug war" would be freed up for other uses.

And if all these dopey Hollywood celebrities who spout off like experts on issues of the gravest of importance and are listened to raptly by star-struck lawmakers could get their hands on any drug they wanted, when they wanted; then maybe they would DIE OFF BEFORE THEY MADE IT TO THE NEXT COMMITTEE HEARING, That's what I call "better living thru chemistry".

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The DEA, and for that matter ATF, EPA, IRS, DHS need to be abolished. For that matter the FBI should be limited to .38's. If they need more guns, they can call in locals. The "war on drugs" should be fought entirely on the ports and border. Once that vile poison gets in, all bets are off. If a user does something criminal, crush his balls, but throwing people in jail for possesion, and raiding trailer parks and housing projects is detrimental to the relationship between the public and the empire. I almost understandwhere people like smoking357 come from in that regard, but since I get get my head up my a$$ I'llnever understand their hatred for police in general.

It's no suprise that officers in these positions take up pinko anti-gun doctrine. it's been shoved down their throats for decades. However, I've met a lot of people in the last few years, and that pinko attitude is not the majority oppinion, but it is popular to TV.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rj3663 wrote:
Please lock this thread. These people seem to not fully respect LEO's and they pose a threat to humanity.
And where is it written that I must respect a criminal wearing a uniform with a badge pinned to it?

That is not to say that all are. But I DO NOT automatically respect police officers. Especially after so many have proven to be bad apples.

They're people too, and must earn respect just like anyone else. Those who dispose of it just make it harder for those who are worth a damn.