• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Double mag pouch for 1.5" belts

wewd

imported post

I need a mag pouch that can carry two Glock 9mm/.40 mags that has a flap over the top, preferably snap-type (not velcro), and it has to be designed for a 1.5" belt. All I can find from the LEO dealers are designed for the 2.25" duty belts. Right now I have a Fobus open top pouch but I want something with a bit better retention.

FightingGlock19

imported post

The Blade-Tech dual magazine carrier is open top, but has adjustable tension for retention. I've carried it 75% of the time I'm out and about and have had ZERO issues with it. Even through the dynamic movements of a fighting rifle class, the mags stayed put.

jeeper1

imported post

Uncle Mikes makes mag pouches to hold double stack mags only they use velcro not snaps. That to me is better because they then will fit and retain mags as short as the 10 round mags for my kel-tec P11 9mm and as big as 15 round mags for my Beretta 92 as well as the 12 round mags for my XD40. Actually I believe you can go an extra half inch or so longer on mag length too.

h2ofowl

imported post

Bianchi makes a nice one.Ijust purchased the single mag. for my .40 cal cz.Its a molded cordura so it is similar to leather as far as not collapsing when empty.It also has 2 different snaps for short mags or for tall mags.

aikidoka

imported post

Comp-tac's is open top but has retentions screws to adjust. I use it on my 1.5" belt with my Warthog mags. The clips hold it securely to the belt.