• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd at Southgate Cinema to see GI JOE

eleuthera

imported post

Only thing to report:a woman in line behind me to buy a ticketindicated towards my gun to her boyfriend, looking a little distressed: my peripheral vision picked up him waving her off. :)

Sajuuk

imported post

Aww, I was going to go see that movie this weekend. My feelings were hurt by the Transformers, so I haven't seen the sequel yet... but I felt obligated to give another childhood cartoon-made-movie a chance.

Anyway, Southgate is my neighborhood theater. The wife and I always carry when we go. Never had any problems, and Marcus Theaters customer service has already indicated to me by email that they follow all state and local laws pertaining to firearms. So, as everyone says: Carry On!

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FogRider wrote:
It was an awesome terrible movie. If you can suspend your disbelief for a while and watch stuff blow up, you'll like it.
I am a HUGE sci-fi fan so suspension of disbelief is not an issue. It was the overacting and how the last battle scene seemed like it was straight out of Return of the Jedi.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
FogRider wrote:
It was an awesome terrible movie. If you can suspend your disbelief for a while and watch stuff blow up, you'll like it.
I am a HUGE sci-fi fan so suspension of disbelief is not an issue. It was the overacting and how the last battle scene seemed like it was straight out of Return of the Jedi.
Agreed, CGI is sooo over used now a days, that it sometimes makes movies suck.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
FogRider wrote:
Agreed, CGI is sooo over used now a days, that it sometimes makes movies suck.
I didn't mean the cgi. I can deal with cgi as long as it's good. Yes, it can be overused but most of the it's necessary or they'd have to cut that scene. Some stuff just can't be done with real people.

I was referring to the way the final battle was scripted. I went to see it with a friend of mine who actually watched the show back then and was a huge fan. Even he was shaking his head at the myriad of parallels to rotj.