Thread: OC experience in Georgetown, DC

Post imported post

Among many other locations, at which had I had no issue, I OC'd to Old Glory in Georgetown. One of their bouncers said, pointing at the device on my belt, "I can't let you in there with that." I replied "what am I supposed to do with it?" He said, "don't worry, I will hold it for you." Here's the part where I would have normally said "Ok, I'll go somewhere else." However, because I was with a bachelor party and didn't want to diss the bachelor, I obliged and handed it over.

As I walked out the door with the rest of the group, he had it in his hand and gave it right over to me.

Having re-re-re-re-reviewed DC law again; I wonder now whether the knife, a folding/locking pocket/pen knife, that I was carrying would have rendered me in violation of the current revision of:
    ยง 22-4504(a) No person shall carry within the District of Columbia either openly or concealed on or about their person, a pistol, without a license issued pursuant to District of Columbia law, or any deadly or dangerous weapon capable of being so concealed.

Certainly it's my inalienable right to carry such a device, but you know DC...

Post imported post

UNalienable right...not INalienable. big difference- look it up.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

"a license issued pursuant to District of Columbia law"
    might be the key, since the law is "there will be no license issued", absence of it
    should make you in compliance.

After 12 years I still don't miss that city at all. I do miss the
    woodbridge, va side though at times.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
    Among many other locations, at which had I had no issue, I OC'd to Old Glory in Georgetown.
    you OC'ed a handgun in DC?
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    virginiatuck wrote:
    Among many other locations, at which had I had no issue, I OC'd to Old Glory in Georgetown.
    you OC'ed a handgun in DC?
    It sounds like he was talking about a knife, not a gun.