• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC experience in Georgetown, DC

virginiatuck

imported post

Among many other locations, at which had I had no issue, I OC'd to Old Glory in Georgetown. One of their bouncers said, pointing at the device on my belt, "I can't let you in there with that." I replied "what am I supposed to do with it?" He said, "don't worry, I will hold it for you." Here's the part where I would have normally said "Ok, I'll go somewhere else." However, because I was with a bachelor party and didn't want to diss the bachelor, I obliged and handed it over.

As I walked out the door with the rest of the group, he had it in his hand and gave it right over to me.

Having re-re-re-re-reviewed DC law again; I wonder now whether the knife, a folding/locking pocket/pen knife, that I was carrying would have rendered me in violation of the current revision of:
§ 22-4504(a) No person shall carry within the District of Columbia either openly or concealed on or about their person, a pistol, without a license issued pursuant to District of Columbia law, or any deadly or dangerous weapon capable of being so concealed.

Certainly it's my inalienable right to carry such a device, but you know DC...

hammer6

imported post

UNalienable right...not INalienable. big difference- look it up.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

"a license issued pursuant to District of Columbia law"
might be the key, since the law is "there will be no license issued", absence of it
should make you in compliance. :lol:

After 12 years I still don't miss that city at all. I do miss the
woodbridge, va side though at times.