• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Age to open carry ammunition and other pistol equipment

Open carry ok to me

imported post

I know that in WI you can carry at age 18 and can purchase a firearm at age 21.

But recently I was talking with some people about open carrying and the legality, i explained everything to then and gave them brochures all about it, then it came to the topic of carrying mag's but not gun when in a public building and schools, that is not my question tho, my question is

At what age can a person in WI legally carry mags loaded or un-loaded on their person in the state of WI?

AaronS

imported post

If your kid took a full mag. to a school, you might have an issue, but I would have to say that there is no law (in Wis.) that I know of, to stop you from letting your kid carry your ammo for you. What kind if issue are you thinking of?

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

With the general stupidity of the population, I do not think a school would be a place for a child to have ammo. Kids have gotten arrested and expelled for nail-clippers and aspirin in the last decade.

This also reminds me of a news story from Milwaukee where a robber successfully robbed a convenience store be threatening to throw a bullet at the clerk. He had no gun, just a loaded round! the clerk was terrified she would be killed by the brass case with a seated bullet in it.

One of my business associates has an uber-liberal son that thinks ammunition will go off and kill you if it is dropped on carpeting!

But no laws will be broken if he is carrying ammuntion with you or alone,

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There is no age limit for ammo, and guns over 14... (as far as I am concerned) You see I would go up north alone or with friends when I turned 16. I would always bring guns, and we would shoot skeet and whetever, hunt etc. The warden up there met us a few times while target shooting on state land. He didn't say one word about, he knew how old we were. But he wasn't about to bother some young outdoorsmen and shooters, and maybe discourage them from shooting and hunting.

I don't want to live in a society were I have to worry about what age I have to be to go out and target shoot..... And I wont, I have no intentions on breaking any law. But anyone who has an intention to restrict the excersise of my rights has another issue.

Keep America Free! Excersise your rights and encourage your young ones too!

Ben

(EDIT: You technically must be 18 to shoot and possess a pistol)

Open carry ok to me

imported post

Thanks for the feed back guys now I can put the discussion to rest and explain to them that there is nothing keeping a person from just carrying an empty holster and mag and other such things. The replies were much appreciated, thank you.