• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How old to open carry a pellet pistol in nc

badboy4life89

imported post

im twenty years old can i legally open carry a pellet pistol on my hip on a holster in North carolina

beradcee

imported post

In what kind of situation would it be neccesary to OC a pellet pistol? Especially if you are old enough (and legally allowed) to own/carry a handgun. I would think that would actually be more dangerous in some instances. Guess I need more info...

chiefjason

imported post

Actually it may depend on the town. Towns can regulate pellet pistols more than firearms. There is no reciprocity with a pellet pistol. And, why?

wewd

imported post

I strongly recommend against carrying a pellet gun. Just know that if you find yourself in a defensive situation that would warrant the potential use of deadly force, which by the way is the ONLY time you should ever contemplate drawing your weapon, you would be completely unable to defend yourself. Pellets are not going to stop someone trying to cut your throat. It is more of a liability than an asset at that point. You do not want to have a false sense of security. According to the maps you are old enough to OC a real gun, though not old enough to buy one. Maybe borrow your dad's? Whatever. If you need a self defense weapon but can't get a real gun, then carry a pocket knife or pepper spray. If you want to OC as a political statement as part of the OC movement, then just wait until you can legally acquire a real gun. The movement isn't going away any time soon.

impulse

imported post

wewd wrote:
I strongly recommend against carrying a pellet gun. Just know that if you find yourself in a defensive situation that would warrant the potential use of deadly force, which by the way is the ONLY time you should ever contemplate drawing your weapon, you would be completely unable to defend yourself. Pellets are not going to stop someone trying to cut your throat. It is more of a liability than an asset at that point. You do not want to have a false sense of security. According to the maps you are old enough to OC a real gun, though not old enough to buy one. Maybe borrow your dad's? Whatever. If you need a self defense weapon but can't get a real gun, then carry a pocket knife or pepper spray. If you want to OC as a political statement as part of the OC movement, then just wait until you can legally acquire a real gun. The movement isn't going away any time soon.
dot

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Do NOT carry a pellet pistol. I don't care how old you are. It serves no defensive purpose and pegs you as a goof.