• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discounted NRA memberships

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Its been a while since I've posted this. Seems like a good time since I've noticed a few new members here.

As a recruiter, we're set up to offer discounts on NRA memberships. The discount is $25 instead of $35 for a one year membership. You can also choose to get a magazine in print or a digital copy.

Simply click the following link to see the discount available:

http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp?campaignid=XP019625

sitedzn

imported post

Any discount for the associate membership? I think that was only $15 before (no magazine). Probably all I can afford right now, and I think mine has even expired.

ProShooter

imported post

sitedzn wrote:
Any discount for the associate membership? I think that was only $15 before (no magazine). Probably all I can afford right now, and I think mine has even expired.
The Associate membership is $10 (no magazine) but I can only do that on our actual recruiter forms that I have. If you want to do that, I'd have to get a form to you or you can send me a check and I'll fill it out for you.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jim,

Are these memberships that NRA can use towards membership numbers? I understband that the free memberships cannot be counted.

My membership runs out in December. Do you get anything for renewing me? If not, I'll proibably do it with the guy at the gunshows.

stay safe.

skidmark

ProShooter

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Jim,

Are these memberships that NRA can use towards membership numbers? I understband that the free memberships cannot be counted.

My membership runs out in December. Do you get anything for renewing me? If not, I'll proibably do it with the guy at the gunshows.

stay safe.

skidmark

Normally yes,recruiters are compensated a small amount for membership sign-ups and renewals. That is part of the incentive to recruit new members for the cause. This past weekend, I participated ina volunteer capacity onFriday and Saturday, working the NRA membership boothat the Outdoorsman Show. We signed up over 160 members that weekend. For that, my efforts were strictly voluntary.I try to give something back whenever my schedule permits. Getting 160 new members was awesome!

As far as the free memberships, I believe that they do count towards the membership numbers but I'm not 100% sure. That was the original intended purpose of the free memberships, from what I understand. Alot of people thought that they were full memberships though with all of the benefits. For a short time in the beginning, they included the magazine but they have since discontinued that portion.

If you'd like, I can bring some membership forms to the dinner tonight and I can get you signed up there.

crazydude6030

imported post

I would love to know why they handed out the free memberships. Not that I am complaining. I get the range discount and the mag. I do enjoy their freedom first mag so Chances are early next year I'll renew with The NRA. If things go good budget wise I'll hook up with the VCDL in a few months as well.

sitedzn

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
The Associate membership is $10 (no magazine) but I can only do that on our actual recruiter forms that I have. If you want to do that, I'd have to get a form to you or you can send me a check and I'll fill it out for you.
Let me know your schedule for being up at Bass Pro, and I can swing by there. Just need an excuse to go up there again.;) Can't afford to get anything else - gotta save up to re-up my Black Creek membership this fall.

ProShooter

imported post

sitedzn wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Let me know your schedule for being up at Bass Pro, and I can swing by there. Just need an excuse to go up there again.;) Can't afford to get anything else - gotta save up to re-up my Black Creek membership this fall.
I'll be at the gun show this weekend if you're heading up there.

Elkad

imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
I would love to know why they handed out the free memberships
I'd guess having a big crop of new members up for renewal during the heart of the 2010 election races would be useful.

With no magazine, the membership isn't really costing them anything, so free trials have the potential to gain a lot of new long-term members.

ProShooter

imported post

After reading this again, I'm not so sure that Doug isnt trying to make some backhand accusation between selling NRA memberships and selling certificates of training. If that's an accusation that's being made, then we need to deal with this because I will not allow for anyone to accuse me of that.

You need to explain your post, Doug.

TexasNative

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
...I'm not so sure that Doug isnt trying to make some backhand accusation between selling NRA memberships and selling certificates of training.
I have no doubt that was what he was trying to imply. But since he's normally full of sh*t, it didn't particularly bother me. Of course, I wasn't the target of his smear, either.

~ Boyd

wrightme

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
After reading this again, I'm not so sure that Doug isnt trying to make some backhand accusation between selling NRA memberships and selling certificates of training. If that's an accusation that's being made, then we need to deal with this because I will not allow for anyone to accuse me of that.

You need to explain your post, Doug.
He also linked this thread in that other thread. It looks like he is attempting to lump you with those two who are charged with felonies. If I were you, I would be contacting Mike and JPierce immediately. I think Doug has also likely opened himself up to a libel charge by you if you chose.