• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Successfully OC'd on Metro yesterday

Aaron1124

imported post

I was taking bus' 166 followed by 174. Neither driver said anything about my pistol. It was the first time doing so. I was surprised that I didn't get asked anything at all, considering how populated bus 174 was.

Although, a few stops after I got on 174, a man tried to get on the bus who had a "cup o noodles". The driver politely informed him that he couldn't have open food on the bus. Here's how their conversation went:

Driver "Sorry sir, we don't allow open food on the bus"

Would-be passenger "Would it be ok if I just hold it? I won't even eat it!"

Driver "Sorry, that's metros policies. No open food or drink"

Would-be passenger "Come on man, I just paid almost $3.00 for this!"

Driver "Well you can finish it and get on the next bus. It'll be here in a half hour"

Would-be passenger "You're a @#$%in punk a** f@gg0t!" followed by him leaving the bus

Driver (Announces over the radio after the guy left) "Well I guess I'm a punk a** f@gg0t!"

j2l3

imported post

The 174 was listed in the top 3 for violent incidents on metro routes last year. I'm not surprised the driver didn't say anything to you. They have been up to speed for some time now.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

and the driver escalted it. they just had a article about how assaults happen in the union paper.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
The driver was being nice and professional during the whole ordeal
from what you posted and how it happened. he escalated it. there are quidlines and he crossed them. you could be nice and sweet all day but metro has rules and he'd be at fault

Aaron1124

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
The driver was being nice and professional during the whole ordeal
from what you posted and how it happened. he escalated it. there are quidlines and he crossed them. you could be nice and sweet all day but metro has rules and he'd be at fault
Do you mind explaining what you feel he did wrong?

Aaron1124

imported post

In your opinion, do you think he should have just allowed the guy on?

I'm not asking to be a smarta**.. I truly want to know what you think he should have done.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

yes, you advise of what the rules are once if they don't listen then thats their choice. the driver is there to drive the bus. not enforce the rules. they have tools to deal with issues

Metalhead47

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
no they don't, its not their job
I don't think he crossed the line at all. At no point did he order or demand the guy get off the bus, he informed what the policy was and gave the fool a suggestion on how to deal with it (next bus, half an hour). He handled the situation exactly as we're supposed to and did not escalate it. The dipshit knew the rules and knew the consequences if he himself decided to escalate it, so he left. Cussing the driver as he did so like these cowards always do.

No, drivers are not policy enforcers but if they followed the "tell them once" bit to the letter the busses would either be completely swarmed with people who don't give a shit because they know the drivers won't do anything, or no bus would ever go anywhere because they'd always be waiting for the sherriff/supervisor (the actual enforcers) to show up & drag these fools off.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

if they followed the ask once policythe buses would be great to ride, driver assaults would drop off and the people who would enforce them would be

kwiebe

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
Boo Boo wrote:
no they don't, its not their job
I don't think he crossed the line at all. At no point did he order or demand the guy get off the bus, he informed what the policy was and gave the fool a suggestion on how to deal with it (next bus, half an hour). He handled the situation exactly as we're supposed to and did not escalate it. The dip@#$% knew the rules and knew the consequences if he himself decided to escalate it, so he left. Cussing the driver as he did so like these cowards always do.

No, drivers are not policy enforcers but if they followed the "tell them once" bit to the letter the busses would either be completely swarmed with people who don't give a @#$% because they know the drivers won't do anything, or no bus would ever go anywhere because they'd always be waiting for the sherriff/supervisor (the actual enforcers) to show up & drag these fools off.
I agree. and aren't operators of public conveyances charged with ensuring the safety of their passengers? With the "ask once" approach, that would seem to go out the window pretty fast. In fact, I'm pretty sure this concept, if applied elsewhere in society, would pretty much cause everything to grind to a halt.

DEROS72

imported post

I ride the 174 all the time OC .Usually catch it at 216th or 208. Never had an issue at the transit center at Federal either.

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Driver "Sorry, that's metros policies. No open food or drink"

We allow open drink. Can you imagine anyone riding the bus in the morning without their coffee?

I probably would have said "When you get done with that we have a trash can up here."