• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier on MSNBC at Obama Rally!!!

Vegassteve

imported post

Just showed him and his pistol. Explained it was legal. Said the SS and cops had eyes on him all day.

I am getting video of it now.

D94R

imported post

The ignorance and idiocy coming from the in-studio reporter is amazing.

ScottyT

imported post

Wow, these guys are idiots.

They mentioned a couple of times that the gun was registered to him. I didn't know NH had gun registration. Is that true?

Michigander

imported post

Repeater wrote:
Ohhh, 'Liberty Tree' - how provocative!

I wonder how many 'Progressives' even understand what his sign means?
I was laughing quite hard when I saw that. The stupid things the reporters were saying do indeed make you wonder if they have even a slight clue what it means. If they did, I bet they wouldn't have shown it.

However you want to look at it, this seems to be some awesome OCer recruiting material. :celebrate

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I've met the guy who was OCing and I'm pretty sure he's a Free State Project member (http://freestateproject.org/). The police didn't remove him; he was there all day in the same spot. The Portsmouth PD said he was within his rights and left him alone.

In addition to him open carrying, there were plenty more concealing.

p2a1x7

imported post

D94R wrote:
I agree, but I also thought that the on-site guy was trying to do his best and cover the actual story. Seemed like he just tried to glaze over it but the in-studio guy was pestering him about it.

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

ScottyT wrote:

They mentioned a couple of times that the gun was registered to him. I didn't know NH had gun registration. Is that true?
No, New Hampshire doesn't even have a system to register guns. The reporters were just clueless is all.

ScottyT

imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
ScottyT wrote:

No, New Hampshire doesn't even have a system to register guns. The reporters were just clueless is all.
That's what I figured, thanks for confirming.

Wouldn't be surprised if a cop actually told the field reporter it was registered so it sounded more legit...

Repeater

imported post

D94R wrote:
Apparently, there's a lot of "ignorance and idiocy" going around. This is from the 'Crooks and Liars' blog:

[SNIP]
NBC caught a man outside the NH town hall with a gun strapped to his leg. It appears to be legal as long as it's not concealed in Portsmouth. And get this. He's on private property and if the owner of the property consents then he can carry the cannon on his leg. What's weird about that is the private property is a church. A man of GOD thinks it's swell to let this man carry a loaded weapon on church grounds. What would Jesus think?
Carlos: You're saying a guy has a gun in the open and we already know there are concerns about every president 's safety, but certainly this president...and the guy's just being allowed to stay there, is that right?
Allen: The Chief of Police, I just asked him because I was amazed too, but apparently the law allows this man to be here as long as the gun is not concealed, it is registered to him apparently and he's on private property on a church ground...
Do you think anybody would be allowed to be near President Bush who had a huge gun strapped on his leg? I doubt that, but this is the country the right wing wants us to live in. And if Sen. John Thune had his way, it wouldn't matter what NH law said if the state that this man came from did let you walk around with a gun. Unbelievable.

smccomas

imported post

Repeater wrote:
D94R wrote:
Apparently, there's a lot of "ignorance and idiocy" going around. This is from the 'Crooks and Liars' blog:

[SNIP]
NBC caught a man outside the NH town hall with a gun strapped to his leg. It appears to be legal as long as it's not concealed in Portsmouth. And get this. He's on private property and if the owner of the property consents then he can carry the cannon on his leg. What's weird about that is the private property is a church. A man of GOD thinks it's swell to let this man carry a loaded weapon on church grounds. What would Jesus think?
Carlos: You're saying a guy has a gun in the open and we already know there are concerns about every president 's safety, but certainly this president...and the guy's just being allowed to stay there, is that right?
Allen: The Chief of Police, I just asked him because I was amazed too, but apparently the law allows this man to be here as long as the gun is not concealed, it is registered to him apparently and he's on private property on a church ground...
Do you think anybody would be allowed to be near President Bush who had a huge gun strapped on his leg? I doubt that, but this is the country the right wing wants us to live in. And if Sen. John Thune had his way, it wouldn't matter what NH law said if the state that this man came from did let you walk around with a gun. Unbelievable.
I took the time to read through some of the post on the site. Hard to believe some of these people. All seemed to be convinced the guy is a "republican rightwing nut".Sad really.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

he would never be in the presence of the POTUS.

He was at a church, near the school where the POTUS was speaking. He is not allowed under federal law (iirc) to go within 1000' of the school grounds. This was never really an issue, but the news made it one.