• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC)

Autonym

imported post

For your consideration. Read and discuss:

http://www.hslda.org/courtreport/V25N4/V25N401.asp

“The spread of small arms creates a serious global problem and requires an equally urgent response because the lives and futures of children are at stake. These weapons have extinguished more young lives than they have protected.”
[align=right]—Carol Bellamy, Executive Director
United Nations International
Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)

[/align]
/me drops bombshell and walks away... :)

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Autonym wrote:

“Therestriction of small arms creates a serious global problem and requires an equally urgent response because the lives and futures of children are at stake. These weapons can protect more young lives when in the hands of those who wish to defend them.

[/align]
/me drops bombshell and walks away... :)
Fixed it.

Alexcabbie

imported post

When I was 12 my best bud and I phonied up some "trick or treat for UNICEF" containers and went door to door and wound up with fifty bucks each, which we kept. That's 350 semolions each in today's inflated money and I used to feel guilty about it. Not no more. Eff UNICEF. Lets talk about all those UN "Peacekeepers" and all the kids they have raped. As with everyting else, those who most loudly proclaim that they want to help or protect "the children" are those who caare least about them and who often in fact are the chief threat to the little ones.

dukenukum

imported post

Autonym wrote:

“The spread of small arms creates a serious global problem and requires an equally urgent response because the lives and futures of U.N Rights abusers are at stake. These weapons have extinguished more U.N Rights abusers lives than they have protected.”

[/align]
Or maybe she means this :celebrate

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Autonym wrote:

“The spread of small arms creates a serious global problem and requires an equally urgent response because the lives and futures of children are at stake. These weapons have extinguished more young lives than they have protected.”

[/align]

Is she referring to the killings and rapes and diversion of emergency food & water at the hands of UN "peacekeeper" troops outfitted with small arms?

Somehow the words "pot" and "kettle" keep ringing in my ears. [/snark]

stay safe.

skidmark