• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying of magazines

Statesman

imported post

In Kentucky, is carrying a loaded semi-automatic magazine in your pocket considered a concealed weapon under the law? The gun is OC'd, but the mag is in the pocket.

PFC Helms

imported post

gutshot wrote:
Statesman wrote:
In Kentucky, is carrying a loaded semi-automatic magazine in your pocket considered a concealed weapon under the law? The gun is OC'd, but the mag is in the pocket.
Gun magazine, loaded or unloaded, is not a dangerous weapon in KY.
I most certianly agree. because just as an unloaded firearm is a really expensive paperweight. so goes it for the magazine without a gun just another paperweight. lol

langzaiguy

imported post

Yeah, I think if the mag is out of the gun, you can carry however you want unlicensed.

I don't know, someone may want to do this in a bar considering carrying firearms in them is illegal. May not be the smartest thing to do, but I think it would still be legal.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

In Scott co. court house you can't carry anything into it. no knives (shape and size dosen't matter) ,no lighters, not even lose ammo.:banghead:worst part of it all . It was inacted by a judge. Not by the city council. Am I right for thinking this is worng?