Thread: Any dealers or people with spare AR parts out there?

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

So, to make a long story short I was modding the charging handle on my M4 so that it had an ambidextrous latch on it and I broke the roll pin when trying to put it back in. Anyone have one lying around? PM me if you have one you'd like to get rid of or know where I can get one. Thanks in advance!
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

Yeah, I hate those little parts. But how did you break the roll pin and not mess up all the aluminum? That's the real trick!

Unfortunately, that's not a standard part I have around (since I haven't managed to break one yet...:P)

You could try PT Firearms in Cross Plains WI. They seem to have parts when other people don't and usually have the small easy to lose parts laying about. They could probably just send you one in the mail as they are a little far away from you. The phone number is 608-798-0880

On another note, did you try the local hardware store? It is just a standard roll pin. You can always get one that's a little longer and cut it down before installing it.

I've lost a lot of front detent pins and a McGyver for that is a piece of a clothes hanger in case you ever need one.

R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

Yea, I don't think it's a standard size pin as I had to grind down my pin punch to get the pin out. As for how I broke it, I bent it. I don't think I had the holes lined up properly and was trying to do it myself. Sometimes you just need an extra hand or 2. It's really annoying because this was my last mod before I try to get a 11.5" barrel and a suppressor for it. After those things I'd finally be done.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

I think it should be a standard 1/16" diameterX 1/4" long roll pin.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

Last time I was replaceing springs on my Ruger .44, I lost a detent ball. Just a little .5mm or so ball. The gun will not work without that little ball though.

I did find it, after a half hour... But as it turned out, I could have just stoped at the local shop. They had them in stock...

Post imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
    I think it should be a standard 1/16" diameterX 1/4" long roll pin.
    Turns out that's what it was. Bought a few extra from the local hardware store. .09 a pop, big money haha!