Thread: The World's Youngest Open Carrier!

Post imported post

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-aged-six.html

At just six years of age, Miko Andres from the Philippines is believed to be the world's youngest practical shooter...

Post imported post

Looks like he's shooting a 1911. Wonder if it's a .45ACP?

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    That's sure a .45-sized hole.

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    The fact that the slide failed to lock back everytime after firing the gun dry leads me to believe the kids was using a Ciener .22LR kit.
    I could be wrong.
    It could be a faultygunor his loose grip, he is only six.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

See the image series on the story

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...x.html?image=1

That's no 22

Post imported post

Elkad wrote:
    That's no 22
    Those bullets definitely aren't .22LR
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    eyesopened wrote:
    The fact that the slide failed to lock back everytime after firing the gun dry
    There are lots of handguns that do not lock the slide after the magazine runs dry.

I do not do ISPIC/Practical shooting so do not know, but it seems the rules allow for that.

He does show clear at the end of the string - bit too quickly for me, but as long as the RO was satisfied ....

He looks like a lot of the Phillipino billiards players his age - has the basics down pat & just needs to grow into the size of the table & cue. I've seen David Sig(whatever) when he was about 14 &training down in Suffolk, then as he got older and finally got control of his growth. Dedication, practice, luck of the draw re: genes and decent training allow prodogies to develop, just as the lack of one or more of those can destroy them.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I was shooting with a friend of mine not long ago and i ran a magazine through his Beretta .40 and it failed to lock back which instantly made me curious as the gun is new. I then loaded the mag with some of his SD rounds and it performed properly. His 'target' rounds are a lower pressure round and thus didn't always provide the proper force to 'lock back'. That may be the case with this kids gun as well!