• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The World's Youngest Open Carrier!

Marco

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
Looks like he's shooting a 1911. Wonder if it's a .45ACP?
The fact that the slide failed to lock back everytime after firing the gun dry leads me to believe the kids was using a Ciener .22LR kit.
I could be wrong.
It could be a faultygunor his loose grip, he is only six.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
eyesopened wrote:
Looks like he's shooting a 1911. Wonder if it's a .45ACP?
The fact that the slide failed to lock back everytime after firing the gun dry

There are lots of handguns that do not lock the slide after the magazine runs dry.

I do not do ISPIC/Practical shooting so do not know, but it seems the rules allow for that.

He does show clear at the end of the string - bit too quickly for me, but as long as the RO was satisfied ....

He looks like a lot of the Phillipino billiards players his age - has the basics down pat & just needs to grow into the size of the table & cue. I've seen David Sig(whatever) when he was about 14 &training down in Suffolk, then as he got older and finally got control of his growth. Dedication, practice, luck of the draw re: genes and decent training allow prodogies to develop, just as the lack of one or more of those can destroy them.

stay safe.

skidmark

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I was shooting with a friend of mine not long ago and i ran a magazine through his Beretta .40 and it failed to lock back which instantly made me curious as the gun is new. I then loaded the mag with some of his SD rounds and it performed properly. His 'target' rounds are a lower pressure round and thus didn't always provide the proper force to 'lock back'. That may be the case with this kids gun as well!