• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Changing Democrats

Flyer22

imported post

Many of us have read quotes from Democratic leaders of years gone by about the importance of 2A. I was reminded of that by a story in Time Magazine, of all places.

It's an article about Eleanor Roosevelt.In telling about some of the things she did on FDR's behalf, I came across this highly enlightening passage:

Modern First Ladies would recognize almost nothing about Eleanor's life. She declined Secret Service protection and carried her own gun (and permit) when necessary.

How many luminaries of the modern Democratic Party would even consider doing that?

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1906802_1906838_1906798,00.html

AZkopper

imported post

I wouldn't be surprised if many did carry or own firearms....they just don't want us 'peons' owning or carrying them.

Remember, while all animals are equal, some are more equal than others.