Thread: Traveling with a weapon

Post imported post

Last month my wife and I drove from Louisiana to Minnesota to visit friends. Although we have both flownextensively, we opted to drive and see the US and avoid the nitpicking rules, fees, plane-packing, and other headaches associated with flyingnowdays. Before leaving, I checked out the state laws where we would be driving. InMinnesota, if I read correctly, it is illegal to have any firearm in a vehicle except under certain conditions. Those conditions did not include having a loaded 9mm handgun within reach in the car. As always, I asked myself, "Which is my greater fear: getting caught with a pistol and paying a fine, or needing one to defend myand/or my wife's life and not having it?"

The 1400 mile drive across Louisiana,Mississippi, Akansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota was great! It gave me a renewed confidence in America.I didn't need the 9mm, but it was still a comfort knowing it was there.

State Researcher

Post imported post

If you have a Louisiana concealed handgun permit, it was valid in every state you travelled except Iowa. The Minnesota unloaded firearm rule you cited does not apply to handguns carried by carry permit holders.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

Don't have a concealed carry permit.