• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This Is How Bad It's Getting

rj3663

imported post

I carry my Glock 27 in a paddle holster, my Tarus pt92 in my back pocket and my Intratec 9MM w/32 round clip in a shoulder sling. But...I have a ccw. I've never cared for flap holsters. What would ones reason be for having one? Can you produce your fire arm as quickly from one?

MSC 45ACP

imported post

rj3663 wrote:
I carry my Glock 27 in a paddle holster, my Tarus pt92 in my back pocket and my Intratec 9MM w/32 round clip in a shoulder sling. But...I have a ccw. I've never cared for flap holsters. What would ones reason be for having one? Can you produce your fire arm as quickly from one?

WOW...

Paranoid much? How about just carrying ONE .45 ACP pistol and you won't need all those little 9mm bullets... :what:

I carry an H&K USP 45 (with 12-rnd mag) and one spare mag. I can't imagine needing more than 24 rounds unless the Zombies are at the front door.When thatt happens,I havean AK with three 30-rnd mags in arm's reach from my "Daddy Chair".

Semper Paratus!

smoking357

Banned
imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
I haven't seen the FL/TX posts, but I am assuming from one of yourposts above, you are in FL? Meaning that a flap holster is considered CC there? Yet it is also OC, but if FL law considers it concealed, it is your way of "OC"ing?
It can't be OC and CC at the same time.

rj3663

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
rj3663 wrote:

WOW...

Paranoid much? How about just carrying ONE .45 ACP pistol and you won't need all those little 9mm bullets... :what:

I carry an H&K USP 45 (with 12-rnd mag) and one spare mag. I can't imagine needing more than 24 rounds unless the Zombies are at the front door.When thatt happens,I havean AK with three 30-rnd mags in arm's reach from my "Daddy Chair".

Semper Paratus!
Not all at one time!!! And I do have a nice pair of Colt Commanders in .45 ACP. I'm just not as famaliar with them as the others so they are range "toys".

Bustelo5%

imported post

I will never defend Ohio in their laws since most are complete bullshit since anything that regulates something I dont need permission to do is bs.That said in Ohio I reads in the ORC under weapons definitions of simply put,If it looks like a guin it is a gun. So LEOs can bust you all you want for carrying your gun in a flap holster but there is a reason the military used those for the longest time.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
That said in Ohio I reads in the ORC under weapons definitions of simply put,If it looks like a guin it is a gun.
I'd love to see a cite that states this point. I'd also like to know how a holster looks like a gun.

Deanimator

imported post

Be VERY careful of considering a flap holster as "open carry" where you live, if you don't have some kind of concealed carry credential.

A while back, a guy in Cleveland was arrested for "carrying a concealed weapon" without a CHL, because he was carrying a CZ52 in a military flap holster. He took some kind of minor plea deal to get out of it If he'd had a CHL, the whole thing would have been moot, because there would have been nothing plausible with which to charge him, and the old "inducing panic" is a big loser for prosecutors.

If you're going to open carry, don't give the cops anything on which to hang their hats, no matter how ludicrous.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Be VERY careful of considering a flap holster as "open carry" where you live,
It's my argument that flap holster carry is, in no way, open carry.
Way back before CC was permitted in AZ... that's the only holster I had for my 1911. (All this other stuff wasn't invented yet). A military M1912 was all I knew of unless it was custom. 'Never had the slightest problem. 'Course the M1912 doesn't fully enclosed the pistol as the German, Czech, Russian 'n Japanese military holsters do. The butt is visible a little.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Oh pity sakes. If you need a holster for your P38 and you are anxious about a flap being CC instead of OC, get a thumbbreak designed for a Beretta 92 and cut a little extra space for the trigger guard with a Dremel (or even a skilfully wielded knife!) Works great! And Reb is right: Out where he lives there's a bit more to worry about than a 9mm pistol. The plants all have thorns and the critters all have fangs and most of them have poison to deliver in one way or another. In the desert, as a threat to life; a pistol is about two on a ten scale compared to everything else that can kill a man. No damn wonder an armed man in the Sonora scarcely ragtes a second look.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Oh pity sakes. If you need a holster for your P38 and you are anxious about a flap being CC instead of OC,
You're missing the point. The missus believes, perhaps rightly, that the cops will flat kill me for following the law.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Yeah... that's about the extent of it. See.... carryin' guns in Arizona has never been questioned since the cowboys ran the Earps outta Tombstone. 'Wasn't somethin' you had to 'think about'... bone up on all the 'law' 'n all that just do go out the front door heeled. You just 'do it'. A flapped holster holds a gun. It's obvious to all but a window licker what's in there. 'Got one for my '51 Colt Navy that swallows the whole thing... but there ain't no doubt what's inside.

'Had a 'murder' in my driveway just last nite... a Bobcat did 'Mr Toad'. Mr. Toad's been livin' 'round here 2-3 years gettin' fat off bugs attracted to the light in the car port. He hopped around to set off the light. The bloody paw prints were a Bobcat tho... 'n what was left of Mr. Toad was found in the bird bath (water) bowl this mornin'. (sniff) Few things die of old age in the desert. Only reason we don't have rattlesnakes on the placeis cause of the Roadrunners 'n King Snakes. But then... we're never complacent... 'always 'look' first before stickin' yer hand anywhere or kick whate4ver it is 'fore ya pick it up.

Anyway... much ado 'bout nuthin'.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
Oh pity sakes. If you need a holster for your P38 and you are anxious about a flap being CC instead of OC,
You're missing the point. The missus believes, perhaps rightly, that the cops will flat kill me for following the law.

Everthing dies eventually... one way ort the other. ("The way of the warrior is the ultimate acceptance of death" Bushido Code)

You in Florida? Yeah... they'll prob'ly kill you. That's really OC... even tho ya can't 'see' the pistol... 'cept if you're up nawth 'n don't have a CWP... then it's CC.

Catch 22?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
You in Florida? Yeah... they'll prob'ly kill you. That's really OC.
Is it OC if I put literature in the holster and not a gun?

If this holster, at any time, may not carry a gun, then it can not, at all times, be a gun.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
No. This is a very serious problem. I can't think of anything more serious, frankly.
"Been watchin' any of the Obamanastics lately. THAT is serious. This is... Whatever...

Sonora Rebel

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
You in Florida? Yeah... they'll prob'ly kill you. That's really OC.
Is it OC if I put literature in the holster and not a gun?

If this holster, at any time, may not carry a gun, then it can not, at all times, be a gun.

No... it's an empty holster with paper in it. But while you're reachin' for your literature... they'll prob'ly shoot you.

Listen to your wife... not some Arizona cowboy.Wives areusually right... and closer.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I really gotta admire and appreciate the simple life in Arizona. Most things are exactly what they appear to be. Not a lot of grey area, there... A well-tanned dark-haired fellow wearing dirty jeans, t-shirt and sneakers walking northbound with the tumbleweedswith all his worldly posessionstied up in abundle on a stick over his shoulderwithin a couple miles of the mexican border probably ain't sellin' Avon.

When are they "in season" and what's the bag limit? :)

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
No. This is a very serious problem. I can't think of anything more serious, frankly.
"Been watchin' any of the Obamanastics lately. THAT is serious. This is... Whatever...
Obama doesn't scare me. I wish him all the best in turning America into Belgium. Lord knows, this country needs to change, and we need to stop acting as we do.