• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This Is How Bad It's Getting

smoking357

Banned
imported post

In the Florida, Texas and other forums, I've posted a thread about flap-holster carry. To this end, I ordered a Walther P38 flap holster which arrived, today.

As I was fitting it to the duty belt, the missus begins to panic, strenuously exhorting me not to wear the rig in public. When queried for her rationale, she flatly told me that the cops would use it as a means to "put a bullet in my back."

The missus is no wise political, just an average sort of American whose concerns are far from cops and guns, yet she firmly believes that the cops will view the holster as "baiting" and will fabricate a reason to kill me.

If this is what an average sort of person knows, and we all know she's fairly close to the truth, the country is lost.

chiefjason

imported post

I have family that work for the PD as civilians. I OC regularly. She's worried about me getting hassled and possibly arrested, but not shot. Maybe you should think about moving.

Carnivore

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Carnivore wrote:
Sounds to me as though you havn't been doing your homework!!

Do you need relationship advice?:lol:
Oh, not that crappy endless thread, again.

Agghhhhh!!!!!!!!!
:lol::banghead: Just punkin ya!! as familiar as my wife is with what few pistols I have, she occasionally questions me too:what:and I'm forever asking before she leaves, Where's your pistol? and which one ya got ? She knows there's always someone of questionable character around every other corner, and down every other street, even in little ole ParkHills, Mo. If it's after dark, or gonna be dark before she returns home She's already ahead of me.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Does she have a 24 year old sister lol sounds like an amazing woman. Im currently training my 18yr sister since my pops is AWOL in LA playing cops and badguys.
Yeah I wouldnt worry about the flap holster thing I mean your a citizen of the place your born and thats all you need period.

LEO 229

imported post

Get a divorce.

Do not let her stop you from defending your life.

She wants you to give up your second amendment rights.

Sheriff

imported post

McX wrote:
My wife of 29 years is clearly "anti-gun", and I am obviously "pro-gun". We coexist well, as when she tries to limit or complain or criticize I simply say: Dear is it your intention to deprive me of my 2nd Admendment rights as defined by the US Constitution? I always win on that one. You may want to use it- I don't have a copy right on it.

Families are strange.

My wife hates guns with a passion, but has never expressed an opinion that people should not have access to them or possess them. She does question how some certain cops get a job in the first place, and are allowed to carry guns and ammunition though (small city, everybody knows everybody else).

My young daughter on the other hand loves guns. She wants me to take her out and teach her how to shoot bad guys. I just haven't found any bad guys wanting to volunteer as the targets! :lol:

smoking357

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
Theseus wrote:
I have said it before, my wife doesn't dislike guns, but she doesn't like OC.

Why doesn't she like OC?

What are her reasons?
Ahem, as I said, she's indifferent to OC. It's the cops that scare her. She knows that cops hate guns and like to kill people. She also knows that cops really hate anyone (me) who stands his ground.

She also knows that Florida cops are outright liars.

rpyne

imported post

McX wrote:
My wife of 29 years is clearly "anti-gun", and I am obviously "pro-gun". We coexist well, as when she tries to limit or complain or criticize I simply say: Dear is it your intention to deprive me of my 2nd Admendment rights as defined by the US Constitution? I always win on that one. You may want to use it- I don't have a copy right on it.
I would say something more like "Dear is it your intention to deprive me of my God given right and obligation to protect your life and mine?"

jmlefler

imported post

chiefjason wrote:
I have family that work for the PD as civilians. I OC regularly. She's worried about me getting hassled and possibly arrested, but not shot. Maybe you should think about moving.
Please... the police are civilians...

Carry on

Sonora Rebel

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
In the Florida, Texas and other forums, I've posted a thread about flap-holster carry. To this end, I ordered a Walther P38 flap holster which arrived, today.

As I was fitting it to the duty belt, the missus begins to panic, strenuously exhorting me not to wear the rig in public. When queried for her rationale, she flatly told me that the cops would use it as a means to "put a bullet in my back."

The missus is no wise political, just an average sort of American whose concerns are far from cops and guns, yet she firmly believes that the cops will view the holster as "baiting" and will fabricate a reason to kill me.

If this is what an average sort of person knows, and we all know she's fairly close to the truth, the country is lost.
B.S... I wore that holster (w/P-38) all over the place 'til i sold the whole thing. I also use a M1916 holster and a Bianchi UM-84 for my 1911 pistol. My wife uses a black E. German holster of similar design for my Makorov... which she's 'adopted'. Where do people get these silly notions?

XD40coyote

imported post

I haven't seen the FL/TX posts, but I am assuming from one of yourposts above, you are in FL? Meaning that a flap holster is considered CC there? Yet it is also OC, but if FL law considers it concealed, it is your way of "OC"ing?

Hmm, maybe get yourself a level 3A vest to go with it? Unless the cops are using their "patrol rifles"...

McX- don't worry about the big OC event and the guy in Madison. Madison sounds like what Philly is to PA- bunch of anti freaks- BUT they are still part of the state and state law overrides. And I'd say the OCer in question may end up being a big friend for WI OC- make sure you all have his back. He will win and as a result you all win. You all just go and attend your big OC event and don't worry. Sounds like most of your state is OC friendly- I mean with the 70 something people showing up OC for the walk in Manitowac! ( ok I hope you are refering to WI, otherwise my response will sound stupid!)