Thread: cops that dont like open carry

Post imported post

i just had a cop tell me if he caught me openly carring a hand gun i was going to jail .. what the hell

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

sonny33 wrote:
    i just had a cop tell me if he caught me openly carring a hand gun i was going to jail .. what the hell
    Welcome to OCDO!!!

Why are you telling us this? Do you want assistance correcting the situation?

Which cop? What jurisdiction?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

yeah i would like help because i don't what to go to jail for something that the state law says i can do .....heber city p.d.

Post imported post

thats heber city ,utah p.d

Post imported post

sonny33 wrote:
    Can you provide a little more information/context please. Why were you speaking with an officer about this? Were you carrying at the time? Where were you? etc.

Post imported post

Have you tried speaking with his command and ask that he be educated.

Do you have a valid CFP if not are you located near a school zone or location that is off limits as per Utah Law.

Maybe we need more information on the encounter and what was said.

Thanks

Zachary

801-448-7574
    Zach
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"

Post imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
    Have you tried speaking with his command and ask that he be educated.

Do you have a valid CFP if not are you located near a school zone or location that is off limits as per Utah Law.

Maybe we need more information on the encounter and what was said.

Thanks

Zachary

801-448-7574
    Like others have stated we need more info so we know how better to assist you. Also are you a Utah resident or from out of state?

Post imported post

^ What they all said.

Welcome to OCDO!
    Charles A. Hall, self-proclaimed Lone Eagle || Carry: Kahr CW40
    Lone Eagle Observer (http://www.charlesahall.us)
    Facebook Page || http://twitter.com/CharlesAHall

Post imported post

Yup, grab the statutes and head down to the station and have a little chit chat with head honcho up there. This stuff really irks me. You don't want to get me started. I'm getting really tired of hearing about this kind of conduct and rhetoric from LAW enforcement. I don't know exactly what they are teaching those boys in the academy these days, but something needs an overhaul. That's for dang sure. They are pumping out opinion enforcement officers faster than a horse can process a bail of hay.

Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Post imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
    Yup, grab the statutes and head down to the station and have a little chit chat with head honcho up there. This stuff really irks me. You don't want to get me started. I'm getting really tired of hearing about this kind of conduct and rhetoric from LAW enforcement. I don't know exactly what they are teaching those boys in the academy these days, but something needs an overhaul. That's for dang sure. They are pumping out opinion enforcement officers faster than a horse can process a bail of hay.

Kevin
    Down boy! Hehe... Just kidding! I need to write another letter to all the police chiefs in Utah County. I that this time last year and I only heard from the Lehi Police Chief. I think it is time I break out the quill and ink again! I'll add Heber City Chief to my list.

Post imported post

You don't have a quill.............:P

What was Lehi's response? They tried to tell me not to do it once...............

Banned

Post imported post

sonny33 wrote:
    Welcome to America. The thugs just make it up as they go along, and the judges support the treason.

Post imported post

Look guy, we don't need your brand of crap here.

In Utah, we have made some pretty good strides when it comes to how our LEOs view open carry.

We support our local police, so long as they are enforcing the LAW, instead of their opinion.

We are in no way anti cop, as I personally believe that LEOs are an important part of society, so long as watch is kept on them.

What I don't agree with is many of the laws that the LEOs are told to uphold.

Drug laws, traffic laws, etc.

I personally have no problems Open carrying in Lehi, or American Fork. And I've never had any problems elsewhere.

The officers that make these statements, will end up costing their departments money when a law suit is files for wrongful arrest.

Well, either that, or through our actions they will receive proper training from their departments and avoid such an issue.

Banned

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    We support our local police, so long as they are enforcing the LAW, instead of their opinion.

We are in no way anti cop, as I personally believe that LEOs are an important part of society,
    Yeah, real important.

so long as watch is kept on them.
    Great. Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hfQspTM4tI

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:

We are in no way anti cop, as I personally believe that LEOs are an important part of society, so long as watch is kept on them.
    Speak for yourself, champ. Remember? I am indifferent about all but a handful of police officers.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

Of course, I should not have put we.

But I never said I supported any officer in particular, I support having a police force. So long as they uphold only the LAW.

They do a job to pay their bills. No default respect from me.

They get a polite attitude from me if they actually have a legitimate reason for doing what they are doing, and polite, yet firm non cooperation if they are doing wrong, followed by whatever action I can take to make suree they don't pull that crap again.

No respect until earned.

And smoking357 there hates ALL LEOs. He is just the opposite of the guys who love and adore all LEOs.

And I would love to keep both the retarded blanket hate, and the blanket love and respect out of the Utah forum at least.

Post imported post

The Lehi Police Chief called me up and said basically that he fully agrees to my letter, he supports the Second Amendment 100% and believes it is a much needed right, and that he is educating his officers on the matter. That is what he told me in a quick 30 second conversation.

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    Look guy, we don't need your brand of crap here.

In Utah, we have made some pretty good strides when it comes to how our LEOs view open carry.

What I don't agree with is many of the laws that the LEOs are told to uphold.

Drug laws, traffic laws, etc.

I personally have no problems Open carrying in Lehi, or American Fork. And I've never had any problems elsewhere.

The officers that make these statements, will end up costing their departments money when a law suit is files for wrongful arrest.

Well, either that, or through our actions they will receive proper training from their departments and avoid such an issue.
    +1 and oh if it were true!

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    sonny33 wrote:
    Welcome to America. The thugs just make it up as they go along, and the judges support the treason.
    What thugs?

What treason?

What Judges?

IF that is true it is the few and not the masses. IMHO

Dont lump them all in with a martian so to speak.

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    thx997303 wrote:

We are in no way anti cop, as I personally believe that LEOs are an important part of society,
    Yeah, real important.

so long as watch is kept on them.
    Great. Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hfQspTM4tI
    that video is old news....yawn