• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cops that dont like open carry

sonny33

imported post

:(i just had a cop tell me if he caught me openly carring a hand gun i was going to jail .. what the hell

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sonny33 wrote:
:(i just had a cop tell me if he caught me openly carring a hand gun i was going to jail .. what the hell

Welcome to OCDO!!!

Why are you telling us this? Do you want assistance correcting the situation?

Which cop? What jurisdiction?

sonny33

imported post

yeah i would like help because i don't what to go to jail for something that the state law says i can do .....heber city p.d.

leeland

imported post

sonny33 wrote:
Can you provide a little more information/context please. Why were you speaking with an officer about this? Were you carrying at the time? Where were you? etc.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Have you tried speaking with his command and ask that he be educated.

Do you have a valid CFP if not are you located near a school zone or location that is off limits as per Utah Law.

Maybe we need more information on the encounter and what was said.

Thanks

Zachary

801-448-7574

bmeldrum

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Have you tried speaking with his command and ask that he be educated.

Do you have a valid CFP if not are you located near a school zone or location that is off limits as per Utah Law.

Maybe we need more information on the encounter and what was said.

Thanks

Zachary

801-448-7574
Like others have stated we need more info so we know how better to assist you. Also are you a Utah resident or from out of state?

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Yup, grab the statutes and head down to the station and have a little chit chat with head honcho up there. This stuff really irks me. You don't want to get me started. :) I'm getting really tired of hearing about this kind of conduct and rhetoric from LAW enforcement. I don't know exactly what they are teaching those boys in the academy these days, but something needs an overhaul. That's for dang sure. They are pumping out opinion enforcement officers faster than a horse can process a bail of hay.

Kevin

Outsider

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
Yup, grab the statutes and head down to the station and have a little chit chat with head honcho up there. This stuff really irks me. You don't want to get me started. :) I'm getting really tired of hearing about this kind of conduct and rhetoric from LAW enforcement. I don't know exactly what they are teaching those boys in the academy these days, but something needs an overhaul. That's for dang sure. They are pumping out opinion enforcement officers faster than a horse can process a bail of hay.

Kevin
Down boy! Hehe... Just kidding! I need to write another letter to all the police chiefs in Utah County. I that this time last year and I only heard from the Lehi Police Chief. I think it is time I break out the quill and ink again! I'll add Heber City Chief to my list.

thx997303

imported post

You don't have a quill.............:p

What was Lehi's response? They tried to tell me not to do it once...............

thx997303

imported post

Look guy, we don't need your brand of crap here.

In Utah, we have made some pretty good strides when it comes to how our LEOs view open carry.

We support our local police, so long as they are enforcing the LAW, instead of their opinion.

We are in no way anti cop, as I personally believe that LEOs are an important part of society, so long as watch is kept on them.

What I don't agree with is many of the laws that the LEOs are told to uphold.

Drug laws, traffic laws, etc.

I personally have no problems Open carrying in Lehi, or American Fork. And I've never had any problems elsewhere.

The officers that make these statements, will end up costing their departments money when a law suit is files for wrongful arrest.

Well, either that, or through our actions they will receive proper training from their departments and avoid such an issue.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
We support our local police, so long as they are enforcing the LAW, instead of their opinion.

We are in no way anti cop, as I personally believe that LEOs are an important part of society, so long as watch is kept on them.
Speak for yourself, champ. Remember? I am indifferent about all but a handful of police officers. ;)

thx997303

imported post

Of course, I should not have put we.

But I never said I supported any officer in particular, I support having a police force. So long as they uphold only the LAW.

They do a job to pay their bills. No default respect from me.

They get a polite attitude from me if they actually have a legitimate reason for doing what they are doing, and polite, yet firm non cooperation if they are doing wrong, followed by whatever action I can take to make suree they don't pull that crap again.

No respect until earned.

And smoking357 there hates ALL LEOs. He is just the opposite of the guys who love and adore all LEOs.

And I would love to keep both the retarded blanket hate, and the blanket love and respect out of the Utah forum at least.

Outsider

imported post

The Lehi Police Chief called me up and said basically that he fully agrees to my letter, he supports the Second Amendment 100% and believes it is a much needed right, and that he is educating his officers on the matter. That is what he told me in a quick 30 second conversation.

chillidogs

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Look guy, we don't need your brand of crap here.

In Utah, we have made some pretty good strides when it comes to how our LEOs view open carry.

What I don't agree with is many of the laws that the LEOs are told to uphold.

Drug laws, traffic laws, etc.

I personally have no problems Open carrying in Lehi, or American Fork. And I've never had any problems elsewhere.

The officers that make these statements, will end up costing their departments money when a law suit is files for wrongful arrest.

Well, either that, or through our actions they will receive proper training from their departments and avoid such an issue.
+1 and oh if it were true!

chillidogs

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
sonny33 wrote:
Welcome to America. The thugs just make it up as they go along, and the judges support the treason.

What thugs?

What treason?

What Judges?

IF that is true it is the few and not the masses. IMHO

Dont lump them all in with a martian so to speak.

chillidogs