• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interview with guy who brought gun to Obama speech

LEO 229

imported post

Thanks...this guy's balls get busted... :lol:

Bringing a gun to a health care debate with the president... geezz!!!

This guy did not do OC any justice. Sorry if he is a member here. He sounded like a nut job.

hsmith

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

This guy did not do OC any justice. Sorry if he is a member here. He sounded like a nut job.

He has done more to bring OC to the front lines than anyone on this forum probably has. Overnight, like it or not people know OC is legal across the country. He displayed that simply carrying a gun is not a crime, doesn't mean you are going to commit a crime, and that you are an upstanding citizen.

I don't see how he was a "nutjob" - the clear nutjob was Chris Matthews in the interview.

He has more balls than you, more than I. Thats about it. I doubt I would have done it.

buster81

imported post

Why does Chris Mathews yell during every interview? Is that his normal speaking voice, or does he put on a special douch bag act just for msnbc?

r6-rider

imported post

words cannot explain the stupidity of chris matthews... one biased SOB

i dont think it could get through his head that this dude was just carrying, not demonstrating a point or to show his political views. libs, what can you do...

Carnivore

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

I have to disagree with you on this one LEO 229, When I first signed on here, I thought mountain jack was flirting with disaster concerning his Pa. incident, but what made the mountain out of the mole hill was the LEO officers and secret service, Both Mountain Jack and this latest fella were participating ina peacable assembly nothing more, and nothing less. I havn't read or heard of any disturbance initiation by either of the OC proponents that made the headlines, just the Leo,andS.S. and a few sheep gasping.But I do admit that I thought Mountain Jack was pushing the threshold of taunting the inevidable, and for that I concede that I was wrong and I think the man in the video handled himself very well with that Loudmouth Chris Mathews.

LEO 229

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

I have to disagree with you on this one LEO 229, When I first signed on here, I thought mountain jack was flirting with disaster concerning his Pa. incident, but what made the mountain out of the mole hill was the LEO officers and secret service, Both Mountain Jack and this latest fella were participating ina peacable assembly nothing more, and nothing less. I havn't read or heard of any disturbance initiation by either of the OC proponents that made the headlines, just the Leo,andS.S. and a few sheep gasping.But I do admit that I thought Mountain Jack was pushing the threshold of taunting the inevidable, and for that I concede that I was wrong and I think the man in the video handled himself very well with that Loudmouth Chris Mathews.
There is always a time and place for everything.

Going armed to an event involving the presidentmay be your right... but it does not mean it was a good decision.

The even was about health care... not the second amendment or gun rights. So his carrying a gun only caused alarm and gave ammo to the gun haters.

And to carry the sign he had while armed.... gives people a way of viewing him as a danger. And that is what was done successfully during the interview.

Granted.. the interviewer was loud and hit him with questions affording no time to think. But the interview overall made several good points.

hsmith

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Carnivore wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Going armed to an event involving the presidentmay be your right... but it does not mean it was a good decision.

The even was about health care... not the second amendment or gun rights. So his carrying a gun only caused alarm and gave ammo to the gun haters.

And to carry the sign he had while armed.... gives people a way of viewing him as a danger. And that is what was done successfully during the interview.

Granted.. the interviewer was loud and hit him with questions affording no time to think. But the interview overall made several good points.

So, are you on this committe that determines when it is ok to carry a firearm?

Do you know when crimes are going to be committed?

He hasn't "caused harm" to anything - gun haters will hate guns no matter what. I don't get why you think that anything will change their minds.

Activists on the left push their agenda non-stop and they move the ball forward. The longer gun owners want to sit like cowards and hope that people don't get offended, the quicker we will lose all rights.

Carnivore

imported post

I say the President and his cronies need to do their homework and start picking locations where OC is against local ordinances, All their looking for is one gun in the crowd, and that gives the current administration ignitionto fire up their bandwagon which is Bull ShiZ, Their jumping from town to town where they most likely already someone will be OCing, and that's the real attention this current administration is hoping to bring to the attention of the nay sayers.. They feed on this!!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

No, he sounded like a Libertarian. The "nut jobs" are all in office. BTW, there are a lot of Libertarians on this forum and probably more of your friends and neighbors than you think.

Since the current health care reform bill looks like it will take away a lot more freedom, I think it fits well to be exercising every right you still have while opposing it.

david.ross

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

He is a New Hampshire Free Stater, his view is typical in the group. His view happens to also be very similar to many people who are OC'ers.

I don't have any problem of a person carrying a gun to a presidential debate. I do have an issue with him carrying the sign. Not for reasons of him looking bad, but he is taking away from his situational awareness while his hands are farther away from his firearm.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

Summer soldier.

If we are not fit to carry guns near any of our citizens, we are not fit to carry guns, at all.

The President is merely a citizen, of no greater worth than me. If our friend can carry a gun in my presence, he's certainly fit to carry it in the President's presence.

You don't seem to have too strong of a command on the philosophy of RKBA.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
So how do I know when I don't need to be armed?

Going armed to an event involving the president may be your right... but it does not mean it was a good decision.
You're really not one of us.

Like you?

I thought he kicked Matthews' ass. Admit it, you're not on Kostnic's side.

Great work, Bill!

Behold your cops, People.

riverrat10k

imported post

He did not "go to the town hall meeting.." He was not in a secure area. He was near the meeting site, at a church, and the clergyman had given his permission.

Chrissy Matthews is an ass, the man broke no laws.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

From what I have seen on several news reports, people protesting obamacare have been attacked by others. All I can think is "that is a perfectscenario to be armed and have the ability to defend yourself against others that may try to attack you"

He was not in a S.S. sterile area, he was manyblocks away. The secret service had no issues with him, the localpolice had no issues with him. Just the far left leaning reporters had issues. How dare he exercise his right to keep and bear arms for any legal purpose, because we know the Kenyan in office has repeatedly voted (as a senator) to disarm everyone but the criminals.:banghead:

LEO 229

imported post

hsmith wrote:

He hasn't "caused harm" to anything - gun haters will hate guns no matter what. I don't get why you think that anything will change their minds.

Activists on the left push their agenda non-stop and they move the ball forward. The longer gun owners want to sit like cowards and hope that people don't get offended, the quicker we will lose all rights.
I have not determined anything. It is general common sense that many people would conclude on their own when you are in close proximity of the POTUS. We can look back in history and see all the prior attempts in causing the POTUS harm. Men armed with guns.

If you are so scared of crime.. stay home. Erect a 10 feet fence, install spot lights, and employ motion detectors.

A piss poor attempt to justify being there armed IMO... :lol:

PavePusher

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Carnivore wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

How so? In the video I've seen to date, there was no panic, hysteria or hand-wringing done...except by the usual-suspect-media and a lot of people on Democratic Underground and Daily Kos whodon't seem to know anything about firearms law or Civil Rights.

hsmith

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
hsmith wrote:

I have not determined anything. It is general common sense that many people would conclude on their own when you are in close proximity of the POTUS. We can look back in history and see all the prior attempts in causing the POTUS harm. Men armed with guns.

If you are so scared of crime.. stay home. Erect a 10 feet fence, install spot lights, and employ motion detectors.

A piss poor attempt to justify being there armed IMO... :lol:
Or I could argue red herrings and strawmen all night.