Thread: 620AM coverage of Madison OC Case

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Jeff Wagner is filling in for Charlie Sykes this morning. He is going to be covering the recent Madison OC case and the police chief's OC opinion.

This moring, not this afternoon!
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Post imported post

If you missed it here is the podcast:

http://www.620wtmj.com/podcasts/jeff...eo=pop&t=a

Centurion

Post imported post

Its extremely difficult to listen to the idiots who call and say "well he disturbed someone, he should have been arrested"

And the one guy that says "well if you walk into a public place, its going to cause a disturbance"

First off, NO it doesn't. "being offended" isn't a disturbance. Many of us carry dozens of times a week and there is no disturbance. People don't start screaming and running for the doors.

Just "being offended" is not a disturbance.

Second off... EVEN if people were actually distrubed (not just offended or worried) its constitutionally protected.

Post imported post

I wonder what would happen if somebody called the police (even if the non-emergency number) saying they were disturbed by the large amount of people unarmed and unprotected out in public.

I'm not saying somebody should do it...

Unless they want to... :celebrate

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Always liked Wegner, since he usually encourages discussion and argues both sides well. I wished Vicki McKenna's segment had more callers so we could see what people think.

Encouraging to hear at least half of Milwaukee voices speaking sense. I was rather flabbergasted at the one dude who actually thought someone should be ticketed for carrying an anti-Obama sign. :what:

I guess some people in Wisconsin despise the first amendment as much as the second.

Post imported post

So far, I have not had one problem with my OC in Milwaukee (far North side). I guess thats why I feel so strongly to help out Madison. Open carry is a right for all of Wisconsin, not just some.