• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

620AM coverage of Madison OC Case

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jeff Wagner is filling in for Charlie Sykes this morning. He is going to be covering the recent Madison OC case and the police chief's OC opinion.

This moring, not this afternoon!

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Its extremely difficult to listen to the idiots who call and say "well he disturbed someone, he should have been arrested"

And the one guy that says "well if you walk into a public place, its going to cause a disturbance"

First off, NO it doesn't. "being offended" isn't a disturbance. Many of us carry dozens of times a week and there is no disturbance. People don't start screaming and running for the doors.

Just "being offended" is not a disturbance.

Second off... EVEN if people were actually distrubed (not just offended or worried) its constitutionally protected.

gollbladder13

imported post

I wonder what would happen if somebody called the police (even if the non-emergency number) saying they were disturbed by the large amount of people unarmed and unprotected out in public.

I'm not saying somebody should do it...

Unless they want to... :celebrate

MadisonRebel

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Always liked Wegner, since he usually encourages discussion and argues both sides well. I wished Vicki McKenna's segment had more callers so we could see what people think.

Encouraging to hear at least half of Milwaukee voices speaking sense. I was rather flabbergasted at the one dude who actually thought someone should be ticketed for carrying an anti-Obama sign. :what:

I guess some people in Wisconsin despise the first amendment as much as the second.

AaronS

imported post

So far, I have not had one problem with my OC in Milwaukee (far North side). I guess thats why I feel so strongly to help out Madison. Open carry is a right for all of Wisconsin, not just some.