• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Novi Gun and knife show table for MOC and SAM

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Hey guys!

I know it's last minute, but I just found out about it.

Any volunteers to man a table at the Novi Gun and Knife Show this weekend? we need to be at the show the entire weekend. I can do several hours on Saturday and I have one person that can help a bit on Sunday, but I can't do both days for the entire time weekend. (Sat 9am - 5pm --- Sun 10am - 3pm).

It is $45 for the table. This show is big -- 800 tables. We would have to let the guy know by Friday night.

We would need MOC brochures printed up, if each volunteer could print up 100 or so B&W is fine that would help me.

Anyone?

Novi Gun and Knife Show
http://www.migunshows.com

Open Date: Sat, August 15, 2009
Close Date: Sun, August 16, 2009

Description: Features 800 tables filled with shotguns, rifles, handguns, scopes, knifes, shooting supplies, ammunition, reloading equipment, gun cases, pistol and rifle magazines, military surplus, collector items, archery, fishing supplies, safes, custom handmade gun cabinets, wild game jerky and much more. You never know what you'll find.

46100 Grand River Avenue
Novi,MI 48370

Phone Number: (517) 676-4160 Fax Number: (517) 676-6824

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ISMOID wrote:
I can be there for Saturday. I also have several hundred brochures printed up, still need to be folded though.

I assume that we are not going to be able to carry in there?

Correct. All MI Gun Shows (put on by MIGunShows) have the following rules:

. All handguns will be tied down or in showcases. No
unsecured handguns on tables. No loose ammo on tables.

2. All vendors must open for business when show opens.
(This is when most vendors lose inventory.)

3. All vendors are responsible for disposing of all trash at
the end of every show.

4. Vendors must stay for the entire show unless previously
approved by, owner, Doug Carl. No early packing.

5. No loaded firearms in show, except for police officers
with badge and I.D.

6. Licensed vendors must bring a copy of your current FFL
and Sales Tax if you have one.

7. Exhibitors may not sell food at their tables, unless previously
approved by, owner, Doug Carl. The candy, etc. is a violation
of our contract with the food vendor present.

8. Cancellations must be made by Sunday, before 8pm,
preceeding the reserved show date.

9. Single table vendors are allowed two badges only. Extra
badges must be purchased.

DanM

imported post

I can be there Saturday the whole time. I'll bring at least 100 b/w brochures.

Can we open carry?

I don't have muchfree cash; I won't have to pay an admission (or at least it would only be a few bucks)? That would be a deal-breaker for me being able to be there.

DanM

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Correct. All MI Gun Shows (put on by MIGunShows) have the following rules:

. All handguns will be tied down or in showcases. No
unsecured handguns on tables. No loose ammo on tables.

. . . . .
5. No loaded firearms in show, except for police officers
with badge and I.D.

So, would an unloaded handgun in a positive retention holster be considered "tied down" and OK? If it had to be literally "tied down", would a lanyard or other rope tying it to the holster or wearer be fine?

Venator

imported post

I'll check into admission fees for vendors, I suspect we would get in free. We may have to buy a couple more badges.

Anyone interested in Sunday. Terri Stocke President of SAM I think will be there on Sunday.

DanM

imported post

Venator wrote:
I'll check into admission fees for vendors . . .

Because an actual openly carried handgun isintegral to our message, would it be worthwhile to also check if the owner of the show is OK with us complying with the "unloaded and tied down" handgun rules by open carrying unloaded handguns in either a retention holster or secured by lanyard or other means to a holster?

Venator

imported post

I doubt OC or CC will be allowed. People that man the tables get in free. There wouldbe times they could visit the other tables, so a good deal.

Terri and her husband will be there for about 5 hours on Sunday. We have to man the table for the entire show, so we need a few on Sunday as well.

So I need to know who is ready to commit to a Saturday orSunday or both.

I plan on being there all day Saturday. I can't be there on Sunday.

Venator

imported post

DanM wrote:
Venator wrote:
So I need to know who is ready to commit to a Saturday orSunday or both.
I can commit to all day Saturday. I have to be out right at the close of 5 pm. I have business in Cantonlater.
Thanks Dan. I still need someone for Sunday. Sunday is from 10:00 to 3:00. Anyone???

yowilhelm

imported post

Hey Ven,

Keep in mind the guy who runs the shows in Michigan is the same guy that ownes Total Firearms in Mason Michigan and is a staunch opponent to oc. He was the "you give up the right to oc when you take a cpl" guy!!

Smoothsounds21

imported post

I don't know about the Novi show. But the rules are the same in GR, and I open carried many times as a customer with an unloaded gun. Also I know that a lot of the dealers who are not cops CC and OC with a loaded gun with no problems. I would say OC unloaded is more than fine. I checked at the door and they said I could if it was not loaded.

Venator

imported post

yowilhelm wrote:
Hey Ven,

Keep in mind the guy who runs the shows in Michigan is the same guy that ownes Total Firearms in Mason Michigan and is a staunch opponent to oc. He was the "you give up the right to oc when you take a cpl" guy!!

Oh I know. Dealt with them a few times. Perhaps we will stop by and I can change his mind:). But many vendors OC unloaded as was stated. Sowho knows.

STILL NEED SOMEONE for Sunday.