Thread: Washington State Convention & Trade Center

Post imported post

As the descripton states, just looking for some information on the Seattle Convention centers firearm policy. Going to be attending an event that will run late into the night into the early morning. Would like to have more then a pocket knife while walking the city streets at 2-3 am. :P

Banned

Post imported post

its a private buisiness. has no listed firearms or weapons policy. but guessing by what events they do there , its a no go

would guess it best to conceal.

Post imported post

Don't know about it's policies, but it is NOT a private business:

RCW 67.40.020 1) The governor is authorized to form a public nonprofit corporation in the same manner as a private nonprofit corporation is formed under chapter 24.03 RCW. The public corporation shall be an instrumentality of the state and have all the powers and be subject to the same restrictions as are permitted or prescribed to private nonprofit corporations, but shall exercise those powers only for carrying out the purposes of this chapter and those purposes necessarily implied therefrom. The governor shall appoint a board of nine directors for the corporation...
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Post imported post

When the NRA had its convention in Seattle, at the Convention Center, I parked near the Coast Guard Station and walked to the Center. When I entered the lobby I saw a "no weapons" sign. Walk all the way back just to put my pistol in the car? Not on your life! I telephoned upstairs and asked just what they thought they were doing having that sign in the lobby? "Just come upstairs please."

They had gotten Christine Fraudyouare on the line (this was when she was AG) and got told by her in no uncertain terms that they couldn't keep me or my gun out. I asked "Why then do you have that sign?" I was told that it was to keep street people out. What a bunch of thinkers!

MD

Post imported post

I fully intend to be carrying concealed for this event as it will be a sea of humanity (last years attendance was almost 60,000) but just wanted to check anyways.

Sounds like I will be good to go. Thank you.

Post imported post

OC no, CC yes. CC'd there about a year and a half ago at,of all things, the Wa State Trial Lawyers Assoc dinner.

Post imported post

why would CC be ok and not OC? Is this just an opinion?

Post imported post

Damn...I was just there yesterday and looked at the "Code of Conduct" signage....Should've taken a picture. From memory, it states "No weapons allowed, except as permitted under RCW 9.xxx or 9.41.xxx"

Getting old I guess.

"There is NO timer in a gunfight, but there IS another guy with a gun, and he's probably in a hurry!"- from someone who bothered to go and check

Post imported post

Solar wrote:
    He was saying he hasn't OC'd there but he has CC'd. Wasn't saying one was okay and the other wasn't.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

Here in VA we have had similar issues at city owned venues. Pre-emption should apply, no matter who is leasing the property for whatever event.

We commonly see signs that say "No illegal weapons" or the like, which is only there to give the image they dont allow firearms.

Nothing wrong with pushing the issue with a few emails or phone calls.

Post imported post

cbackous wrote:
    Here in VA we have had similar issues at city owned venues. Pre-emption should apply, no matter who is leasing the property for whatever event.

We commonly see signs that say "No illegal weapons" or the like, which is only there to give the image they dont allow firearms.

In Wa. Preemption does not apply to the group that is leasing the building provided they are a private company.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    cbackous wrote:

In Wa. Preemption does not apply to the group that is leasing the building provided they are a private company.
    Exactly. Hence why Qwest field and fairgrounds are such pains.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Damn...I was just there yesterday and looked at the "Code of Conduct" signage....Should've taken a picture. From memory, it states "No weapons allowed, except as permitted under RCW 9.xxx or 9.41.xxx"

Getting old I guess.
    rcw 9.41.250 is the dangerous weapons part . . . Apparently this sign means something to the effect that legal weapons are ok and otherwise illegal weapons will cause them to trespass you out . . .

z

Z you just opened a seven year olde thread...are you ok?

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post

ipse
    : )

ya that answered my question(s)...

sigh

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post

They may both be "legal" but one won't get as much attention as the other. How much unwanted attention are you willing to put up with from "authorities" (police, security, event management, etc)?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post

ipse

What's wrong with that? Half the forum participants from when the thread was opened have moved on and those that remain may well have forgotten about it. Plenty of newbies that might learn something.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    What's wrong with that? Half the forum participants from when the thread was opened have moved on and those that remain may well have forgotten about it. Plenty of newbies that might learn something.

of course...

ipse