• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington State Convention & Trade Center

David.Car

imported post

As the descripton states, just looking for some information on the Seattle Convention centers firearm policy. Going to be attending an event that will run late into the night into the early morning. Would like to have more then a pocket knife while walking the city streets at 2-3 am. :p

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

its a private buisiness. has no listed firearms or weapons policy. but guessing by what events they do there , its a no go

would guess it best to conceal.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Don't know about it's policies, but it is NOT a private business:

RCW 67.40.020 1) The governor is authorized to form a public nonprofit corporation in the same manner as a private nonprofit corporation is formed under chapter 24.03 RCW. The public corporation shall be an instrumentality of the state and have all the powers and be subject to the same restrictions as are permitted or prescribed to private nonprofit corporations, but shall exercise those powers only for carrying out the purposes of this chapter and those purposes necessarily implied therefrom. The governor shall appoint a board of nine directors for the corporation...

Machoduck

imported post

When the NRA had its convention in Seattle, at the Convention Center, I parked near the Coast Guard Station and walked to the Center. When I entered the lobby I saw a "no weapons" sign. Walk all the way back just to put my pistol in the car? Not on your life! I telephoned upstairs and asked just what they thought they were doing having that sign in the lobby? "Just come upstairs please."

They had gotten Christine Fraudyouare on the line (this was when she was AG) and got told by her in no uncertain terms that they couldn't keep me or my gun out. I asked "Why then do you have that sign?" I was told that it was to keep street people out. What a bunch of thinkers!

MD

David.Car

imported post

I fully intend to be carrying concealed for this event as it will be a sea of humanity (last years attendance was almost 60,000) but just wanted to check anyways.

Sounds like I will be good to go. Thank you.

mtlhdtodd

imported post

OC no, CC yes. CC'd there about a year and a half ago at,of all things, the Wa State Trial Lawyers Assoc dinner.

Stoked

imported post

Damn...I was just there yesterday and looked at the "Code of Conduct" signage....Should've taken a picture. From memory, it states "No weapons allowed, except as permitted under RCW 9.xxx or 9.41.xxx"

Getting old I guess.

usaf0906

imported post

Here in VA we have had similar issues at city owned venues. Pre-emption should apply, no matter who is leasing the property for whatever event.

We commonly see signs that say "No illegal weapons" or the like, which is only there to give the image they dont allow firearms.

Nothing wrong with pushing the issue with a few emails or phone calls.

joeroket

imported post

cbackous wrote:
Here in VA we have had similar issues at city owned venues. Pre-emption should apply, no matter who is leasing the property for whatever event.

We commonly see signs that say "No illegal weapons" or the like, which is only there to give the image they dont allow firearms.

In Wa. Preemption does not apply to the group that is leasing the building provided they are a private company.

David.Car

imported post

joeroket wrote:
cbackous wrote:

In Wa. Preemption does not apply to the group that is leasing the building provided they are a private company.
Exactly. Hence why Qwest field and fairgrounds are such pains.

zaitz

Banned
Damn...I was just there yesterday and looked at the "Code of Conduct" signage....Should've taken a picture. From memory, it states "No weapons allowed, except as permitted under RCW 9.xxx or 9.41.xxx"

Getting old I guess.

rcw 9.41.250 is the dangerous weapons part . . . Apparently this sign means something to the effect that legal weapons are ok and otherwise illegal weapons will cause them to trespass you out . . .

z

solus

What's wrong with that? Half the forum participants from when the thread was opened have moved on and those that remain may well have forgotten about it. Plenty of newbies that might learn something.

of course...

ipse