• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond Convention Center

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Since we were talking about this last night at the OC dinner, and I had a few free minutes today, I decided to take a stab at this.

I just sent an email to the General Manager outlining the issue at hand - I'll post a response if I get one.

Icetera

Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
imported post

vt357 wrote:
Anyone a member of the We Surround Them project? They are having a meeting there this Saturday. Perfect opportunity to test the waters. The next big public even is a coin and collectible show in September. The auto show in January is usually popular as well.

http://www.richmondcenter.com/event-calendar.html
I am, but will be out of town. I may have to test the auto show.

TFred

imported post

And for those who are wondering about the first part of the question... it's right on their web site:

http://www.richmondcenter.com/about-us.html

Greater Richmond Convention Center Authority
The Greater Richmond Convention Center was built as a result of regional cooperation between the City of Richmond and the surrounding counties of Henrico, Chesterfield and Hanover. The Greater Richmond Convention Center is owned by the Greater Richmond Convention Center Authority, which is composed of these governmental entities and the Retail Merchants Association of Greater Richmond.

TFred

Goliath

imported post

TFred wrote:
And for those who are wondering about the first part of the question... it's right on their web site:

The Greater Richmond Convention Center was built as a result of regional cooperation between the City of Richmond and the surrounding counties of Henrico, Chesterfield and Hanover. The Greater Richmond Convention Center is owned by the Greater Richmond Convention Center Authority, which is composed of these governmental entities and the Retail Merchants Association of Greater Richmond.

TFred

This sounds like something VCDL should be looking into. If it is owned by those local governments, wouldn't that prohibition be illegal? I would think it would be like Waterside in Norfolk.

ProShooter

imported post

Goliath wrote:
TFred wrote:

TFred

This sounds like something VCDL should be looking into. If it is owned by those local governments, wouldn't that prohibition be illegal? I would think it would be like Waterside in Norfolk.
Let's see where my email gets us first.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Goliath wrote:
TFred wrote:

TFred

i sent them an email before too.. VCDL is looking into it.

Armed

imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/26194-2.html

ProShooter - I wrote them back in the spring over this. They gave me a cc response, not an oc response. Thier stance is that as they have an ABC license, the carry of concealed guns is not allowed by law. (I was not asking about cc...)

I let it sit idle at the time due to what was happening at the Richmond Colisium. I believe we're still waiting for the City of Richmond to advise us as to their policy - which by this point, I take it the City intends to let the issue die a quiet death.

The outcome of the Colisium incident, *should* apply to the convention center as well.

ProShooter

imported post

Armed wrote:

ProShooter - I wrote them back in the spring over this. They gave me a cc response, not an oc response. Thier stance is that as they have an ABC license, the carry of concealed guns is not allowed by law. (I was not asking about cc...)

I let it sit idle at the time due to what was happening at the Richmond Colisium. I believe we're still waiting for the City of Richmond to advise us as to their policy - which by this point, I take it the City intends to let the issue die a quiet death.

The outcome of the Colisium incident, *should* apply to the convention center as well.
Armed - good to know, thanks. It would seem that although they gave you a response, their written policy says otherwise and needs to be updated at best. If the ABC license covers the entire facility, then their policy should only prohibit CC. I'm awaiting their reply.

Icetera

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Armed wrote:

Armed - good to know, thanks. It would seem that although they gave you a response, their written policy says otherwise and needs to be updated at best. If the ABC license covers the entire facility, then their policy should only prohibit CC. I'm awaiting their reply.
I have a hard time believing that they have a blanket Restaurant or Club ABC license.

Icetera

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Icetera wrote:
I have a hard time believing that they have a blanket Restaurant or Club ABC license.
I was just thinking the exact same thing!
I cannot seem to locate a license for The Richmond Convention Center, but I may need to check other names/organizations. So far I found to catering companies, one of which lst theirs and posted RIR and the Coliseum while I was in there.

Richmond International Raceway
Aramark Sports & Entertainment Services LLC
Food Concession
Stadium
VoluntarySurrender

Richmond Coliseum
SMG Food and Beverage LLC
Food Concession
Coliseum
Active

Richmond Ctr For Conventions Exhibit
Thompson Hospitality LP
Mixed Beverage Caterer

Withdrawn

Richmond Ctr For Conventions Exhibit
Thompson Hospitality LP
Restaurant
Non-Government Property
VoluntarySurrender
VoluntarySurrender

ProShooter

imported post

Icetera wrote:
I cannot seem to locate a license for Rthe Richmond Convetion Center, but I may need to check other names/organizations. So far I found to catering companies, one of which lst theirs and posted RIR and the Coliseum while I was in there.

Its under "Greater Richmond Convention Center" with "ter" getting dropped off the end as the name field is too small.

Icetera

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Icetera wrote:
I cannot seem to locate a license for Rthe Richmond Convetion Center, but I may need to check other names/organizations. So far I found to catering companies, one of which lst theirs and posted RIR and the Coliseum while I was in there.

Its under "Greater Richmond Convention Center" with "ter" getting dropped off the end as the name field is too small.

It sure is, though I figured my search for "Richmond" should have caught it. Found it searching by zip code.

Aramark Sports & Entertainment Services LLC
Restaurant
Non-Government Property
Active
Active

Fine Host Corp
Restaurant
Non-Government Property
VoluntarySurrender
VoluntarySurrender

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

This was apparently a one day permit for a specific function.

Do not know why it says for a non-governmental property unless a lessee of the center took constructive possession - same as when you rent a home.

Fine Host Corp
Restaurant
Non-Government Property
VoluntarySurrender
VoluntarySurrender

Yata hey

Icetera

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
This was apparently a one day permit for a specific function.

Do not know why it says for a non-governmental property unless a lessee of the center took constructive possession - same as when you rent a home.

Fine Host Corp
Restaurant
Non-Government Property
VoluntarySurrender
VoluntarySurrender

Yata hey

I think you may be on to something there, as one blanket restuarant license escapes logic (oh, government, nevermind...).

Here is the labels for the fields, which may make these more understandable:

License
Trade Name
Company Name
Establishment Type
Establishment Sub-Type
Wine and Beer Status
Mixed Beverage Status