• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond Convention Center

Icetera

Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
imported post

License

Trade Name

Company Name
Aramark Sports & Entertainment Services LLC

Establishment Type
Restaurant

Establishment Sub-Type
Non-Government Property

Address
403 N 3rd St

Richmond
VA23219

Origination Date
12/10/2004

Privilege Description
Wine and Beer On Premises

Privilege Status
Active

Effective Date
10/01/2008

Expiration Date
09/30/2009

Renewal Date
09/15/2009

Mixed Beverage Privilege
Description
Mixed Beverage Restaurant (Seating Capacity - over 150 seats)

Privilege Status
Active

Effective Date
10/01/2008

Expiration Date
09/30/2009

Renewal Date
09/15/2009

Aramak is the Food Service Provider at the Greater Richmond Convention Center. I do not see how they would create an ABC license for the facility itself, but does explain why it is listed as "Non-GovernmentProperty."

License

Trade Name

Company Name
Fine Host Corp

Establishment Type
Restaurant

Establishment Sub-Type
Non-Government Property

Address
300 North 5th Street &
403 North 3rd Street
Richmond
VA23219

Origination Date
11/19/2001

Privilege Description
Wine and Beer On Premises

Privilege Status
VoluntarySurrender

Effective Date
11/30/2004

Expiration Date
11/30/2004

Renewal Date

Mixed Beverage Privilege
Description
Mixed Beverage Restaurant (Seating Capacity - over 150 seats)

Privilege Status
VoluntarySurrender

Effective Date
11/30/2004

Expiration Date
11/30/2004

Renewal Date

That one expired, so no issue.

Icetera

imported post

TFred wrote:
See my separate thread, with a question about "Establishment Type". I didn't want to hi-jack this thread too far... :)

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/29857.html

TFred
You certainly bring up a great point, though as far as the Convention Center, I am not convinced that they even have a solid ABC license other than a Food Service that operates there. I cannot recall seeing achohol sales (if any refreshments at all) at the car shows, for example.

TFred

imported post

Armed wrote:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/26194-2.html

ProShooter - I wrote them back in the spring over this. They gave me a cc response, not an oc response. Thier stance is that as they have an ABC license, the carry of concealed guns is not allowed by law. (I was not asking about cc...)

I let it sit idle at the time due to what was happening at the Richmond Colisium. I believe we're still waiting for the City of Richmond to advise us as to their policy - which by this point, I take it the City intends to let the issue die a quiet death.

The outcome of the Colisium incident, *should* apply to the convention center as well.
Based on the confusion I find in the ABC database, it would seem the next logical question to them is "What is your ABC License number?"

Clearly these are the kind of folks who are used to people just going away after hearing a nonsensical response to legitimate questions.

TFred

Icetera

imported post

From the Richmond Convention website (http://www.richmondcenter.com/cyber-cafe.html):
Food & Beverage Area
The Cyber Café also features a food and beverage area* that serves hot and cold beverages and light fare. Operated by Aramark, the food & beverage area of the Café is your place for "grab & go" food for the conventioneer on the run!

*Hours for the food and beverage area of the Café may vary based upon event activity.

If I recall, this is located on the Sotuhern end of the main building within the main lobby area. The license may be for this facility.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Icetera wrote:
From the Richmond Convention website (http://www.richmondcenter.com/cyber-cafe.html):
Food & Beverage Area
The Cyber Café also features a food and beverage area* that serves hot and cold beverages and light fare. Operated by Aramark, the food & beverage area of the Café is your place for "grab & go" food for the conventioneer on the run!

*Hours for the food and beverage area of the Café may vary based upon event activity.

If I recall, this is located on the Sotuhern end of the main building within the main lobby area. The license may be for this facility.

According to the antis this should be EASY to tell.

Just conceal your gun, and if the gun suddenly feels like it is about to become dangerous to conceal as you approach, then you know that is where the license applies to :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Repeater

imported post

vt357 wrote:
Anyone a member of the We Surround Them project? They are having a meeting there this Saturday. Perfect opportunity to test the waters. The next big public even is a coin and collectible show in September. The auto show in January is usually popular as well.

http://www.richmondcenter.com/event-calendar.html
Thanks for that info. That leads to wst-richmond.com which is full of information.

From their website, I posted their Eric Cantor Townhall announcement:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=29863

Regular_Joe

imported post

Is there an update to this thread? I am considering attending the Commonwealth Prayer Breakfast at the convention center in January and was hoping to OC.

The Weapons section in the GRCC Rules & Regs reflects a 'no carry' policy...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There's been no update because the City of Richmond has failed to respond to various & sundry POIA requests and a certain party has cannonically refused to move forward with pressing the issue.

Perhaps if you were to come out to breakfast some Saturday and shoot the question in his direction you might get him to act. Lord knows we have bombarded his grape long enough that it should have sunk in, but he seems to be reluctant to act.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
There's been no update because the City of Richmond has failed to respond to various & sundry POIA requests and a certain party has cannonically refused to move forward with pressing the issue.

Perhaps if you were to come out to breakfast some Saturday and shoot the question in his direction you might get him to act. Lord knows we have bombarded his grape long enough that it should have sunk in, but he seems to be reluctant to act.

stay safe.

skidmark
Are not the Convention Center and the Coliseum still two very separate entities?

Have not ever filed POIA or FOIA requests for the Convention Center - so breakfast should be bomb run free.

Have had reason to not run head long into follow-up re: coliseum. Yes you may ask......later.

Do have paper trail established with mayors office and city attorney about city hall sign in too.

Yata hey

Regular_Joe

imported post

As I am new to OC, I get to ask the stupid questions: has it ever been successful for a private citizen to contact a business/location and receive permission to carry on an individual been successful?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
As I am new to OC, I get to ask the stupid questions: has it ever been successful for a private citizen to contact a business/location and receive permission to carry on an individual been successful?
We generally prefer to act on a don't ask, don't tell basis. If the property is not posted, one simply proceeds to shop; however, if told "no guns and you must leave", then comply - take your business elsewhere.

:D I may have the only written permission in Va. for an individual store - at least that I know of.

Have permission to carry in a large grocery store in the southside of Richmond. Came about as a result of a night mgr. attempting to set me up - cause problems where there were none. The day mgr (senior) did not like the way it was handled, supports RTBA and went far beyond what I ever expected.

Have had it for about a year now, but never needed to show it - everybody there knows me now. :D

Kudos to Skid for his assistance - Mutt & Jeff indeed.

Yata hey