• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PA-63 for sale Small Lite Reliable!!! Special Price just for MIOC $170

Smoothsounds21

imported post

SPF

HungarianPA63_01.jpg

800px-PA-63_with_Clip.jpg

Smoothsounds21

imported post

Springfield Smitty wrote:
what are the dimensions on this? may make a nice backup to carry concealed?

Looks like 6 3/4" Overall length. 4 1/2" Height with an almost 4" fixed barrel. Don't let the dimensions fool you, the end is really skinny and it is very lite. Very concealable gun. The whole gun is only 1" wide except a little bump out on the handle the sticks out 1/4" more. All in all it is a really sweet little gun, but the wife says I need to get rid of a few things since I just bought 3 new pistols and around 2,000 rounds of handgun ammo. :D Hey she didn't say I had to get rid of stuff to = the same value.:celebrate So new stuff for me and I only get rid of a couple things to make her happy. This just happens to be something that I can part with.

fisher_clive

imported post

Good morning.

I'm interested, but live near Detroit. Can we meet half way?

I'm new here, but have owned handguns since I was 19, waiting on my cpl now.

Do I have to get a purchase permit for this?

Thanks,

Clive

hopnpop

imported post

Just looked it up an identical gun on gunbroker.com and the bid is at $165, so you're spot-on the price it looks like. I was considering taking you up on it but realized the Makarov is a 9x18, not 9x19 load. Hadn't realized that, I thought Makarov's could fire 9x19. I'm not familiar with the round - harder to come by than the std 9x19? Pricier? ...Lemme do a little more homework...

Looks like the ballistics are close to that of a .380. Similar lead weight to the .380, but slightly higher velocity and stopping power and the drop @ 30yds isn't as much as a .380. Stopping power is a little closer to that of a .38 Spl. Seems to sit right on the border of consideration... Think it'd be a great back-up if dimensions are "discreet".

How simple/complex is the take-down for cleaning?

I'm gonna mull it over but don't hold your breath waiting for me... With any luck you get it sold before I decide :D

Smoothsounds21

imported post

I'm not much for .32, or .380 but I would rather have this one. Also take down is really easy, pull down on the trigger guard and pull the slide back and tilt it up. It has a fixed barrel that the slide will just come right off of. It has not been fired more the 150 times. But the reason I say its reliable is it went bang every time and also there are very good reviews on it. I was also told that it was some kind of Titanium Alloy not aluminum. Don't really know though. It looks like Aluminum.