• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legal C P L Class ?

taxwhat

imported post

DrTodd wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
MCSGO and NRA are only recognized instructors for non LE. One who is must abide by the rules set by above,state law says the one whom teaches MUST be tested , and follow the rules but May Exceed never less than in hours ![/quote]

Taxwhat-- could you direct me to the information that the State of Michigan ONLY accepts classes from MCSGO or NRA for Non-LEO?NRA website under rules or length of courseDo you happen to have the NRA Training Manual rules as to what prerequisites are required for the NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course? I would really like to get this issue resolved as it is potentially very serious....

On the NRA website I found some information BUT do not believe that I can consider it authoritative in regards to the issue.

From the NRA website:

Name : NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course

Short Description : Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and to provide information on the law-abiding individual’s right to self-defense.

More Details: This is an eight-hour course. Range time 3 hours .Students should expect to shoot approximately 100 rounds of ammunition. Students will learn basic defensive shooting skills, strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation, firearms and the law, how to choose a handgun for self-defense, and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection In The Home handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, and course completion certificate.(Lesson Plan 2000, revised 10/06)

The NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course participants must be law abiding, adults (at least 21 years old), and experienced shooters (shooters able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm) to maximize what can be learned from this course. Proof of shooting experience can be one of the following: NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate, NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate, NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card, military DD 214 with pistol qualification, or passing the Pre-Course Assessment.

edited for clarity[/quote]
Please do not be afraid to contact NRA ans Demand answers or MIKE cox !

taxwhat

imported post

DrTodd wrote:
Thanks for the information, Jan. Hope everything is going well for you and your wife. I'll get back to you if I hear anything.

--Todd
Article published September 18, 20092 charged with faking concealed-carry permits

BOWLING GREEN - Two Wood County men accused of selling training certificates to people seeking concealed- carry permits were named in separate bills of information filed yesterday in Wood County Common Pleas Court.

Jason Hernandez, 38, of Perrysburg Township, and Michael J. Davenport, 39, of Northwood, each were charged with complicity to falsification to obtain concealed handgun licenses. Sheriff's investigators said Mr. Davenport referred people to Mr. Hernandez to obtain a training certificate without undergoing the required 12 hours of firearms instruction. http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009909189989