• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just Watched a Judge Give Police Permission to Stop OCer's

T Vance

imported post

I just personally with my own two eyes watch a Jackson County Judge basically give police permission to stop someone with a handgun and detain them. He was given information to the Supreme Court verdicts saying that this is ILLEGAL, but failed to read it. I'll let the person who was involved in this situation talk more about when they feel like chiming in!

Michigander

imported post

If this is true, and if it gets carried out, it must be followed up by any potential victims with an unforgiving federal lawsuit against the judge, the police, or both. There isn't much else to say on the matter.

T Vance

imported post

To the person who "will be chiming in", or anybody else who may know more about this, keep your post simple. If a lawsuit is filed you don't want to let any evidence out of the bag until the court case.

Jblack44

imported post

make sure the audio recorders are running! Sounds like a judge who does so, by personal opinion, rather that what the laws state. :banghead:

ghostrider

imported post

Maybe the judge read my thread.:idea:

Folks,

This is a sign of things to come.

As the economy gets worse and worse in our country, it is only natural that a government would take steps to maintain an order that can quickly fade or fall apart when society experiences loss of stability (or use poor economic situations to further expand it's power). The reaction to certain events is often an encroachment upon individual rights, and in these times it has been happening at a fast pace.

They've been trying to "reason" and rationalize our rights away for many years, with many rights, and many cases. It's only a matter of time before rights previously held sacred (and upheld by the highest court) will be ignored by agents of the government such as this.

They've been trampling the Constitution for years. Did you really think it would stop with the Supreme Court ruling on something.

Maybe nobody was paying attention in all the afterglow of the Heller decision, but I noticed. The court went to GREAT lengths to rationalize the authority of the government to place certain restrictions. They even LIED and said that early Americans did not have privately owned cannon.

What this judge did is outrageous, and I certainly hope he is named in a suite (if one ever comes about). He/She needs sever punishment for the tyrannical trampling of citizen's rights.

ETA:

This was also a concern of mine when the LEAF document was first released saying that officers could detain people for the mere sight of a gun. The more they keep saying it, the more accepted it seems to become.

I'd really like to see the transcripts from that case.

THway

imported post

DANGER DANGER!!!

Brace for civil insurrection!

This country is starting to commit Harry Carry... and the longer I am forced to watch our beautiful country implode on itself, the more beautiful Canada starts to look.

P.S.

"Don't taze me bro... DON'T TAZE ME!!!"

'edit for spelling'

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

THway wrote:
<snip>

This country is starting to commit Harry Carry... and the longer I am forced to watch our beautiful country implode on itself, the more beautiful Canada starts to look.
<snip>

Nope... Canada is even WORSE!

http://www.panda.com/canadaguns/

And Mexico is even more harsh than Canada

http://www.panda.com/mexicoguns/

I hear the Czech Republic is ok... I spent some time here quite a while ago. I'm sure it has changed, but I really did think it was a beautiful place to visit.

(guns must be concealed though)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_Czech_republic

taxwhat

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I just personally with my own two eyes watch a Jackson County Judge basically give police permission to stop someone with a Courts Speak Only In Written Word handgun and detain them. He was given information to the Supreme Court verdicts saying that this is ILLEGAL, but failed to read it. I'll let the person who was involved in this situation talk more about when they feel like chiming in!
Sorry but you give NO FACTS to your post !!!Courts Speak Only In Written Word !!

T Vance

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
T Vance wrote:
I just personally with my own two eyes watch a Jackson County Judge basically give police permission to stop someone with a Courts Speak Only In Written Word handgun and detain them. He was given information to the Supreme Court verdicts saying that this is ILLEGAL, but failed to read it. I'll let the person who was involved in this situation talk more about when they feel like chiming in!
Sorry but you give NO FACTS to your post !!!Courts Speak Only In Written Word !!
I'll let the person who was involved in this situation explain if/when he wants to. It's not for me to divulge information, especially if he plans on filing a lawsuit. All I can say is that the judge was given documentation about Supreme Court cases saying that the mere presence of handgun does not justify a "Terry Stop". I'm going to leave it at that for now. It's not my place to say, but I know what I saw, and what I saw was a disregard to a law abiding citizen's rights.

Kimberguy

imported post

OK, I will chime in now... It was me. I feel violated and sick. Truthfully, I should have guessed this would be the case. Bishop when chose to ignore anything I had to say. I started by giving him a few papers on the Supreme courts rulings. When I handed him the papers he asked if I had brought in my Proof of Insurance. I gave that to him as well. He looked at it and set the other papers down with ought so much as a glance. I stated that according to the supreme court the presence of a fire arm does not give cause to be stopped or detained, and that anything after an illegal stop should be dismissed. Bishop did not acknowledge a word I said.

There is a pattern, i have dealt with officer Paul Albrechet 4 times now
he has no regard for the law or civil rights
and quite blatantly neither does Bishop

you combine this with TVance and walt.... Jackson is showing a pattern, and it is disgusting.