• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rifle Range at Quantico

gis

imported post

I had a long chat with one of the employees at the NRA Range last night about where I can do precision rifle shooting at 500 yards or more. He told me that the only range like that he knows of is at Quantico and that they do allow civilians to use it under some limited circumstances. However, he could't give me any details. Does anyone here know how I can get hooked up with those guys?

crazydude6030

imported post

I doubt I have all the facts (or even half of them). However, I spout off what I do know. There is a gun club that meets there. I found them during a Google search about 6 months ago. I also think you have to know someone that's on base there.

So to sum it up you either have to know a insider or join that gun club. I never really went to far with it as the NRA range is less the 15 minutes from my house and this range is about 45 minutes in traffic.

Maybe this will help?
http://www.quanticoshootingclub.com/

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Check out the link provided by crazydude. You could join as an "associate" member. Dues would be $80 a year for you. Not all of the ranges are available every weekend, it depends on RSO's volunteering to open a range, if the USMC is using it, matches, etc...

There is a club near Manassas that a co-worker, who is a member, tells me has some long ranges. Membership in it is quite pricey. Sorry I don't recall the name of it offhand.

gis

imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
I doubt I have all the facts (or even half of them). However, I spout off what I do know. There is a gun club that meets there. I found them during a Google search about 6 months ago. I also think you have to know someone that's on base there.

So to sum it up you either have to know a insider or join that gun club. I never really went to far with it as the NRA range is less the 15 minutes from my house and this range is about 45 minutes in traffic.

Maybe this will help?
http://www.quanticoshootingclub.com/
Thanks for the link. It says that I need to be sponsored by an existing member, and I don't know any of them. Maybe if I hang around the NRA range long enough .....? I will also be at the TRExpo at the Chantilly Expo Center next week, so maybe will run into someone there that can help.

gis

imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
Check out the link provided by crazydude. You could join as an "associate" member. Dues would be $80 a year for you. Not all of the ranges are available every weekend, it depends on RSO's volunteering to open a range, if the USMC is using it, matches, etc...

There is a club near Manassas that a co-worker, who is a member, tells me has some long ranges. Membership in it is quite pricey. Sorry I don't recall the name of it offhand.
If you remember the name of the club near Manassas, please let me know. It would be a good location, and I am willing to pay a premium for a quality place. The only one I have heard in that area is Bull Run in Warrenton, but their rifle range is pretty short.

Chaingun81

imported post

gis wrote:
kaiheitai17 wrote:

If you remember the name of the club near Manassas, please let me know. It would be a good location, and I am willing to pay a premium for a quality place. The only one I have heard in that area is Bull Run in Warrenton, but their rifle range is pretty short.
The one in Warrenton is Clark Brothers and it is pretty short. Bull Run Shooting Center aroundCentrevilleis a very nice and cheapfacility for skeet, trap and sporting clay plus some archery in case you are interested in this kind of shooting. Cannot help you with longrifle range though... :(

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member

gis

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Not sure of the yardage @ IWL.

There is also Range 82 but you're limited to 100yrds and a .30 rifle.
http://www.range82.com/
Thanks for everyone's replies. I did like the web site for range82. The price is right and they are taking new members. I think, I will join this one now for close range shooting and will look for someone to sign off on my application for Quantico.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just show up at general membership meeting and introduce yourself. If they are taking new members some one will probably sponsor you. Otherwise email one of the officers of the club and ask them.