Thread: Unsolicited Suggestion from an Unwelcome Out of Stater

Post imported post

Ladies and Gentlemen of Wisconsin,

Please organize an openly carried, holstered pistol walk in Madison for the same street on which the news crew was filming. Get people together while it is still summertime and nice out. Invite the press. Dress business casual or better. Smile. Be overly nice to the antis, press, and general public. Image matters when attempting to sawy public opinion.

I am guessing that Madison PD and the local prosecuting attorney will change their tune quickly rather than haul 150 people in for disorderly conduct. If not, then you have several people among whom to split the minimal costs of a lawsuit. A lawsuit is inexpensive to each individual when divided by 100 or more.

Could you raise 100 people or more to do this and who would present a favorable image to the public?

How about you?

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

We have 2 other threads going trying to organize a gathering there ASAP,

the pertinent threadscan be found here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/29816.html

And here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/29813.html

Post imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:

Please organize an openly carried, holstered pistol walk in Madison for the same street on which the news crew was filming. Get people together while it is still summertime and nice out. Invite the press. Dress business casual or better. Smile. Be overly nice to the antis, press, and general public. Image matters when attempting to sawy public opinion.

I am guessing that Madison PD and the local prosecuting attorney will change their tune quickly rather than haul 150 people in for disorderly conduct. If not, then you have several people among whom to split the minimal costs of a lawsuit. A lawsuit is inexpensive to each individual when divided by 100 or more.

Could you raise 100 people or more to do this and who would present a favorable image to the public?

How about you?
    Other then Nutczak and ScottM,I can't find anyone else with the nads to go with me. No people from Madison seem to feel very strong about this. I understand the fear some might have, but this is the fight this forum was made for. We need to make a stand, and it looks like Madison is the place it must be done in.

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

AaronS wrote:
    Malum Prohibitum wrote:

How about you?
    Other then Nutczak and ScottM,I can't find anyone else with the nads to go with me. No people from Madison seem to feel very strong about this. I understand the fear some might have, but this is the fight this forum was made for. We need to make a stand, and it looks like Madison is the place it must be done in.
    *** it, I'll go. PM sent...
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Post imported post

AaronS wrote:
    Malum Prohibitum wrote:

How about you?
    When are you going?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

protias wrote:
    AaronS wrote:
    Malum Prohibitum wrote:

How about you?
    When are you going?
    If Madison's own gun owning residents( which number in the thousands )won't holster up & march for their own rights,then I am busy. Why should I drive 2.5hours one way& risk being arrested & finedfor those that live there &don't have the nads enough to stand up for there rights locally. Maybe Madison is truely dead to those that enjoy freedom & liberty.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    We have 2 other threads going trying to organize a gathering there ASAP,

the pertinent threadscan be found here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/29816.html

And here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/29813.html
    Nutczak - Just a suggestion, pick a date, time, and starting location,and start a new thread and constantly update the original post with an alphabeticallist of people who say "I will be there." Ignore the cynical critics on the thread.

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    If Madison's own gun owning residents ( which number in the thousands )won't holster up & march for their own rights,then I am busy.... Maybe Madison is truely dead to those that enjoy freedom & liberty.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

CMON Wisconsinites! Get it together. We're all pulling for you!

Heck, if you'd just move your state closer to Ohio, I'd come!

Post imported post

BB62 wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    If Madison's own gun owning residents ( which number in the thousands )won't holster up & march for their own rights,then I am busy.... Maybe Madison is truely dead to those that enjoy freedom & liberty.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

CMON Wisconsinites! Get it together. We're all pulling for you!

Heck, if you'd just move your state closer to Ohio, I'd come!
    I bet people will come from out of state with enough warning, but, anyway, you can get 20 or 30 people, maybe a hundred with just a few weeks wanring. You could probably get 20-30 just off of this web site alone.

Centurion

Post imported post

If we get a big number of people together, and its on a sunday, I'm in.

Centurion

Post imported post

I bet people will come from out of state with enough warning, but, anyway, you can get 20 or 30 people, maybe a hundred with just a few weeks wanring. You could probably get 20-30 just off of this web site alone.
    Might be a good time for me to send some emails to people on the petition lists I've accumulated.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'm in.

Post imported post

AaronS wrote:
    Other then Nutczak and ScottM,I can't find anyone else with the nads to go with me.
    Got more than that just on this thread. Get a date, time, and location, and watch the names pile up!

Post imported post

If Madison's own gun owning residents ( which number in the thousands )won't holster up & march for their own rights,then I am busy. Why should I drive 2.5hours one way& risk being arrested & finedfor those that live there &don't have the nads enough to stand up for there rights locally. Maybe Madison is truely dead to those that enjoy freedom & liberty.
    I understand, and even agree to a point. I do feel that if this starts in Madison, it will end at your back door (in Green Bay). Once a big city like Madison gets away with this, others will follow. Fight it now, or live with the loss later...

It would look to me like the cops in Madison have reached the goal of instowing fear into any persons that would have OC'd in the city(as we have all seen that the users from Madison are not going to even talk about this). I am as scared as anyone, but I just can't let this go. We have come to far to just let one little PD stop us.

Thank God others are starting to chime in. I would hate to just have two or three show up.

Post imported post

AaronS wrote:
    Thank God others are starting to chime in. I would hate to just have two or three show up.
    Set up the date and get the list of names first. You will have ten times that, minimum, probably substantially more. You may get a lot of Madison people, too. Invite the local Students for Concealed Carry on Campus . . .

But first things, first. Somebody has to pick a date and time and start publicizing it, even if you start right here. Somebody.

If not you, then who?

Post imported post

Lived in Wi for 40 years now in Iowa. I will be up there on 29th and 30th of Aug. if those are the dates I will be there.

Post imported post

Ok, has a date been selected yet? Has anybody taken on the task of selecting a date? I looked through the threads, but did not see a "Join me on such and such a date in Madison" title.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I would love to join you one of these weekends, but all of my weekend are tied up thru Sept 12th, if this event is scheduled a weekend after that I will do the best to be there. I really think the plan is to do this prior to the middle of September though.

Like has been said, pick a date so people can start planning. We can also start posting up links on other forums too, we just need to have a date to start with.

Post imported post

And I told myself I'd never step foot in Smugsville,WI again...But what the hell,looks like I'm in...
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset